Consultant-CS Investment Operations
Northern Trust provides their clients with comprehensive Investment Operations Outsourcing middle office solutions covering the full universe of: trade services, asset services, client reporting, performance measurement, derivatives operations and collateral management.
This is a great opportunity for the successful candidate to join an existing transition team and play a key role in the success of an expanding Investment Operations outsourcing platform implemented by Northern Trust.
Within IOO the transitions team provide a full and in depth transition service to Investment Managers. These include Institutional Clients investing in Pooled Funds, LDI and Segregated mandates. Typical products include OEIC's, Sicav's, QIF's, Onshore/Offshore Unitised pooled vehicles, Swaps, Repo's, Futures, Equities, and Bonds.
We are currently recruiting a Consultant-CS Investment Operations role to ensure accurate and timely completion of all client change events (new business/clients, lost business/ clients, fund launches/closures/restructures, custodian changes, new market set-up's, unit trust a/c set-up's, static data changes).
The key responsibilities of the role include:
• Undertake client transition activities, including in-specie transfers, custody changes, new and lost business, fund launches/closures/restructures, unit trust a/c set-up's, market account openings, standing instructions updates, static data changes
• Maintain and update transitions events on team work schedule held in SharePoint
• Maintain internal client account lists with new/lost business and static data changes
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent analytical skills
• The ability to work on their own initiative
• The ability to multi task and prioritise effectively
About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 18,500 employees globally. We serve the world's most-sophisticated clients - from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
Northern Trust proudly cultivates a diverse workforce, to serve our diverse client base. We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company. We encourage applications from the best regardless of ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, education, socio-economic background, parental and caring status, or religion.
As of December 31, 2018, Northern Trust Corporation had:
• $10.1 trillion in assets under custody/administration
• $7.6 trillion in assets under custody
• $1.1 trillion in assets under management
• $132 billion in banking assets