Road Safety Engineer
About The Role CIQUHP
We are looking for an experienced Road Safety Engineer. This will be an exceptional individual who welcomes the opportunity to work with different teams on a stretching and diverse range of projects at the cutting edge of road safety.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
This opportunity will suit an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual who wants to be central to ensuring the safety of future transport. You will be involved in:
- Developing road designs and schemes to improve safety for a range of road users
- Carrying out collision analysis and hotspot identification
- Applying and developing Safe System / Risk based and proactive approaches to manage road safety infrastructure standards.
Skills & Experience
- A track record in developing road designs and schemes for local authorities and the Highways England Strategic Road Network
- Thorough knowledge of urban and rural road safety issues, solutions and products.
- Road Safety Audit and Road Inspection knowledge / experience
- Economic appraisal knowledge as applied to road safety schemes
- Knowledge of IRAP Star Rating theory or application
- Knowledge of the application of GD04/12 - Standard for Safety Risk Assessment on the Strategic Road Network
- Working knowledge of Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB) and current design best practice including Manual for Streets, Manual for Streets ll
- A degree (2.1) or above in Civil Engineering.
- A PhD or MSc level qualification in a related area would be highly desirable.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate polished report writing skills with excellent written English, and the confidence to communicate effectively with clients and team members at all levels of seniority.
At TRL we offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Support for professional memberships and study
- 25 days annual leave
- Life Assurance cover and Group Income Protection
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible benefits package