Learning & Development Officer / L&D Coordinator
Job Title: Learning & Organisation Development Officer
Salary: Commencing at £19,264 with progression to £20,985
Closing Date: Friday 31st May 2019
The College is one of the UK's largest FE establishments with around 1400 employees and over 17,400 students. Offering a diverse curriculum within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment, our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions.
The organisation is on a journey of continual improvement. They have been making great efforts to embed their new values, increase efficiency, and develop their staff to face future challenges. The Learning and Organisation Development (LOD) team is dedicated to helping the college achieve these and many other goals.
They are seeking an LOD Officer to help them on this journey. As part of this dynamic and varied role you will be involved in a wide range of development activities.
- Assist in the design, delivery and coordination of staff development activities/events.
- Evaluate and report on the impact and outcomes of these events.
- Support the development and implementation of a robust performance management (appraisal) process. Advise managers about development opportunities to address the outcomes of this process.
- Process CPD requests from staff using the college's Learning Management System.
- Assist with the design of leadership and management development sessions.
- Support the development of the Onboarding, Induction, and Probation processes.
- Monitor and report on mandatory training compliance levels across the college.
- Coordinate and support with the delivery of internal training sessions.
- Promote CPD opportunities including apprenticeship pathways.
- Support with maximising the utilisation of the college's Apprenticeship Levy.
- Assist with the development of CPD policy.
- Support the design and delivery of staff surveys and the achievement of external quality standards (e. Investors in People).
- Assist with the design of initiatives to improve staff engagement, including the analysis of data from surveys and internal/external assessments (e. IIP).
- Support the design of a Behaviours and Values Framework to underpin the college's Leadership Competency Framework and Management Skills programme.
- Assist with the design of How To modules to help managers build the skills to manage people restoratively through HR policies.
- Appropriate professional HR qualification (i. CIPD) or the ability to demonstrate experience/knowledge of HR and OD Service delivery.
- IT qualification (e. ECDL) or ability to demonstrate experience/knowledge of use of Microsoft Office Packages, including Word, Excel, and Google Docs / Sheets.
Experience and Knowledge
- Experience of delivering administrative duties within an HR/OD function
- Experience of giving professional HR and OD advice to managers, handling queries and issues and bringing to a satisfactory conclusion.
- Up to date knowledge of HR and OD best practice, policies and procedures, Employment Law and evidence of CPD.
- Experience of OD projects including training and development initiatives.
Skills and Competencies
- Able to manage, plan, prioritise and co-ordinate workloads to ensure service standards and conflicting deadlines are met.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to work with Senior Managers within the College, staff and others across the OD & HR Service and provide exceptional customer service.
- Ability to handle general HR and OD queries and bring to a satisfactory conclusion.
- Ability to interpret HR policies and procedures and provide advice and support to managers.
- Able to contribute towards improving service delivery and/or processes with cost-effective and innovative solutions.
Please click on the APPLY button to complete your application at the Company's careers page.
Candidates with experience of; Learning and Development, L and D, Learning & Development, HR Administrator, Graduate Training, Human Resources Assistant, Training and Development, Graduate Development, HR Assistant Corporate Learning, Learning and Development Coordinator, Human Resources Administrator, Training Coordinator, Learning and Development Advisor, Training, Corporate Training , L&D Advisor will also be considered for this role.