Greenfield, near Oldham, Manchester
Are you a proactive engineering design professional seeking your next challenge? Want to learn and grow with an organisation that’s been manufacturing handmade products with pride since 1938? If so, read on.
Here at Hartley Botanic, we offer beautiful, elegant and practical Greenhouses and Glasshouses with a worldwide reputation for perfect design, enduring strength, unparalleled quality and everlasting performance.
Providing beautiful ranges of Greenhouses and Glasshouses for the everyday gardener, to the largest bespoke designs across our Victorian, Modern and Heritage ranges, Hartley Botanic works hard to cater to the needs of every individual customer, gardener and every individual garden.
Each one of our products is individually designed to the specification of the customer, whether for professional or private need. We pride ourselves on the quality of our workmanship and work closely with our customers to ensure they get exactly what they need.
As our company continues to grow, we are now looking for a Design Manager to join our team in Greenfield near Oldham, easily commutable from Huddersfield, Rochdale and Manchester.
- Competitive salary of up to £40,000 per annum
- Develop a rewarding career with a market leading, luxury British brand
- Build on your existing expertise as part of a hard-working team
- Join a collaborative and fresh-thinking environment
If you are an experienced Designer with people leadership experience, this is an outstanding opportunity to combine your creative and people based skill sets and advance your career with our company.
We’ve got a rich history, a great reputation within our market and a bright future. Our products are known across the world for quality, craftsmanship and service. With that in mind, we want to remain at the forefront of our sector, and that’s where you come in.
So, if you are ready for an exciting challenge, are eager to work within an amazing, dedicated, skilled team and can support our existing quality standards, this is the role you’ve been waiting for.
As the Design Manager, you will lead our Technical Team from the front in the creation of outstanding design concepts for our greenhouses and glasshouses. You’ll promote a positive culture that ensures a high level of quality, accuracy and productivity that consistently delivers excellence.
You will oversee initial design concepts through post concept approval to site survey and the production of detailed drawings and bills of materials, in a timely and forward focused manner.
Your role will also involve:
- Liaising with internal colleagues and peers (including our USA based team), clients, Architects and Sub-Contractors to final sign off
- Managing the department’s CAD systems (including upgrades and licensing), maintaining and updating the CAD drawings and Excel template library
- Administering numerous and often challenging orders to strict deadlines and shipping dates
- Assisting the Production Department with technical problems and product development
Where appropriate and needed, you will also liaise with Structural Engineers to ensure efficiency in our delivery.
To be considered as our Design Manager, you will need:
- Experience within the greenhouse, conservatory and/or lightweight structures of fabrication and/or sheet metal industries
- Demonstrable people leadership skills, with a collaborative and team centric ethos
- Strong technical design skills, ideally in a manufacturing environment, or engineering
- Experience of product design, NPD and 3D prototyping
- Active working knowledge of 2D and 3D CAD packages
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
Other organisations may call this role Design Team Leader, Assistant Design Manager, Technical Design Manager, Engineering Design Manager, Construction Design Manager, Greenhouse Design Manager, or Conservatory Design Manager.
Webrecruit and Hartley Botanic are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are ready to make a difference and support our activities as a Design Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.