Floating Support Worker
Floating Support Worker
We have floating support worker positions available to cover our areas within Merton.
Benefits of for Floating Support Worker
• Excellent hourly rates of pay
• Support and Leadership
• Training and development opportunities.
• Company healthcare scheme
• Life insurance
• Refer a Friend Scheme – Earn cash rewards
• Accruable Holiday entitlement in addition to your hourly pay rate for PAYE workers
• Flexible shifts that suit you, work around your main employment or work on a full-time/part time bank basis
• 30 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays)
• Contributory pension
Requirements for Floating Support Worker
• Provide person centered support to vulnerable adults with a range of support needs including those with mental health needs, ex offenders people with substance misuse issues, people with a learning disability and those who are homeless
• Support customers to gain meaningful work/voluntary work/access further education or training
• To support customers to improve their safety, health and wellbeing and social engagement by providing support in area’s such as tenancy sustainment, financial budgeting, managing welfare benefit claims, accessing benefits, ensuring health + safety within the customers environment and actively engaging community support services
• To support customers to access life skills, training and educational opportunities in order to maximise their potential
• To participate and contribute to your personal development by developing skills and expertise in area’s such as complex needs, mental health, substance misuse, trauma, working with ex – offenders, homelessness support and prevention services.
• To contribute to effective partnership working between health, care service and other external agencies to deliver a comprehensive support framework for customers aimed at improving their health and wellbeing
• To contribute to the move-on of customers within the target timescale of 2 years.
• To review customer outcomes and to ensure progress and relevant support is reflected within the customers Support Plan
Skills and experience for Floating Support Worker
• Qualified up to NVQ Level 2
• Experience of providing support to vulnerable adults living in the community
• Ability to support vulnerable adults to develop independent living skills
• Confidence to work alone
• Ability to write support plan and risk assessments
• An understanding of equal opportunities and diversity and how these relate to the support of vulnerable adults
The hours you work will depend on our customers needs but we will agree these with you in advance.
Hourly rate: £9.12 ph (plus holiday pay for zero hour/casual positions)