Graduate Trainee - Financial Services
Based in the City of London our client is one of the UK's fastest growing lending institutions who are seeking to recruit a Graduate Trainee due to increasing demand in our clients products and continued growth of the organisation.
The client is looking for someone who wants a career in property/finance who has some level of knowledge in the basics of what a property transaction looks like and has a basic understanding of what the moving parts are. They offer rapid career progression to the right people - one graduate that was hired 18 months ago is now on GBP40k.
In this Graduate Assistant role, you will need to hit the ground running, as you'll be given real autonomy from day one. The position is a support role in a rapidly growing fintech start up, with plenty of opportunity for career progression as we grow.
We are looking for are a hard-working, entrepreneurial minded graduate with great analytical skills and good judgement. So, if you have a passion for delivering outstanding customer service and helping drive a rapidly growing fintech forward, we could be the perfect company for you.
- Complete daily processing tasks and update relevant systems.
- Investigate, understand and fix all breaks found within daily banking and system transactions.
- Liaise with the relevant teams to ensure all breaks are resolved in a timely manner. Mainly with the Finance department but other teams may and often will require your assistance.
- Creation and processing of interest/capital repayments to our growing list of lenders.
- Lender Support run via our email inbox, on-web chat room and over the telephone
- Processing ISA transfers in and out of the platform
- Provide support to the Front Office with daily admin tasks.
- Liaise the various departments in office. We are a small team, so you will wear multiple hats.
- Liaise in a professional and friendly manner with other business areas to facilitate responses to client enquiries.
- Read and respond to both internal and external communications.
- Manage a range of inbound/outbound calls, actively listen to our investor and borrower queries to resolve them effectively
- Ad-hoc duties as and when required.
What are we looking for?
- Degree classification- 2.1
- A level grades- AAB
- Ability to plan and prioritise own workload.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Able to multi-task, prioritise tasks and work to tight deadlines.
- Good accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good IT skills using MS Office and the applications within including Word/Excel.
- Ability to work both on own initiative and as part of a small team
- Proficient Excel skills
- A strong eye for detail
- An empathetic and calm nature
- Highly organised with the ability to multi-task and prioritise workload
- Effective time management
- Confident and friendly telephone manner
- Can do attitude
What does the client offer?
- Competitive starting salary
- Additional Training
- Small, friendly team
- Quarterly team socials
- Monthly team lunches
- Free weekly fruit delivery
Candidates need to be graduates in a relevant degree such as Property Management or something connected to Real Estate.