Are you looking to make a difference to the future healthcare industry? Do you want to make your mark in a fast-growing and friendly biotech business? If so, read on.
Our client is a leading biotech business, who are experts in real-time PCR, a molecular biology technique for detecting the presence of DNA and quantifying it.
Our client has customers in many different industries including academia, research, healthcare, food industry and the veterinary industry selling to over 100 countries worldwide.
They are now looking for a Senior Scientist to join their Southampton based, production laboratory operation.
- Salary of £29,000 per annum
- Life assurance
- Private medical insurance
- Group pension scheme
- 25 days’ annual leave (plus Bank Holidays and the opportunity to buy and sell leave)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Refer a friend scheme
If you are an established Senior Scientist looking to establish your skills and knowledge, this is an excellent opportunity to develop and deliver products that are helping to transform healthcare across the globe.
You’ll have the chance to work with a highly-skilled team, making this a great opportunity to expand your knowledge in a number of areas.
So, if you’re looking for the chance to take on the next stage of your scientific career and contribute to the development of products that are making a real difference, our client wants to hear from you.
Joining an expanding R&D department, the Senior Scientist plays a central role in our client’s exciting new venture developing IVD CE-marked PCR assays; this role will afford the successful candidate to make a real impact both within the healthcare field, and also our client’s firm via your expertise and technical capabilities.
In this important role, you will:
- Independently lead the way on all CE marking and research projects; you will be responsible for ensuring projects are progressed in a timely and efficient manner
- Take on a consultative role during client visits, providing up to date and accurate technical knowledge and wisdom
- Produce content for sales and marketing teams, including webinars, presentations, delivery of customer Q&A sessions .etc.
- Ensure the completion of research-related documentation (including technical summaries) in line with an ISO13485 quality management system
- Present your work and project progress to the Senior Management Team, to highlight delivery and expertise of the team
You will act as a central conduit for expert advice and technical knowledge in your field, fostering a culture of confidence in the work you and your team are completing.
To be considered as a Senior Scientist, you will need:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 2 years’ experience within a similar role in industry
- Previous PCR knowledge and expertise, with evident hands-on experience
- Demonstrable experience of planning experiments and progressing projects in a time efficient and independent manner
- Strong, technical communication skills that are met with the ability to present complex information in a digestible manner
Experience of working within a quality system is highly advantageous, particularly ISO 13485.
Our client is eager to hear from you if you’ve worked as a Senior Research Scientist, Senior Medical Scientist, Senior Healthcare Scientist, Senior Staff Scientist, or Biomedical Scientist.
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re an experienced and talented Senior Scientist, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.