Audit Analyst - Edinburgh
Salary - Competitive + Excellent Benefits
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Audit Professional to join the Internal Audit team of a respected challenger bank in Edinburgh on a permanent basis.
The successful candidate will join an experienced team and support the delivery of independent assurance & opinion across Credit Risk, Model Risk and Data Analytics audits.
- Providing audit/specialist expertise and input for the development and execution of methodology and standards for the auditing of Credit Model Risk
- Performing assigned analytical testing to provide assurance on the accuracy of model outputs (back-testing); discriminatory power; model overrides; stability analysis; and evaluation of input data.
- Supporting delivery of insightful, accurate and well written audit issues on the risk management and control framework for relevant functions and processes;
- Stakeholder management - helping agree and implement required improvements in governance, risk management and internal controls;
- Supporting the development of the audit plan for Model Risk and prioritising work based on risk.
- Maintaining knowledge of existing and emerging business/regulatory requirements for Credit and Model Risk and keeping abreast of regulatory and industry changes.
Key Skills & experience:
The successful candidate will have experience working within an Audit or Risk oversight function within financial services and possess a practical understanding of credit risk modelling methodologies and validation.
- Good knowledge of model requirements for IRB, IFRS9, forecasting and stress testing models as well as a practical understanding of credit risk modelling methodologies and validation.
- Understanding of model review or development of Risk Models ideally in a financial services organisation.
- Experience using a variety of programming tools such as SAS, VBA etc
- Ability to perform assigned analytical testing to provide assurance over accuracy of model outputs (back-testing); discriminatory power; overrides; stability analysis; and evaluation of input data
- Good written and oral communication skills - in particular, an ability to communicate complex technical ideas to a diverse audience.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Evidence of building productive relationships with key stakeholders, project/process management and model governance experience
Please apply below to register your interest, confirming salary expectations, alternatively please contact Chris Halliday to discuss in confidence