Regional Digital Trainer
A rare and exciting opportunity has arisen to join the UK's largest publishers (Reach plc) and specifically for some of their most successful and famous regional brands in the UK which include the Liverpool Echo and Manchester Evening News.
This position can be based in Manchester or Liverpool, although due to nature of the role, travel will be required across our main office network (Manchester, Liverpool and North Wales)
This role is for someone who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and where you'll be central to the learning experience of our sales teams throughout their career.
We are Reach because it's what we do.
Every day our newsbrands - national and regional, in print and online - reach millions of people up and down the country. We are the UK's largest news publisher, with influential national newsbrands such as the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, and more than 100 distinguished regional titles.
Our brands have a long heritage of being trusted sources of news and information, with our editorial conviction and high standards of journalism providing audiences with timely information and opinion across multiple platforms.
Last year we sold 620 million newspapers, with 5 million readers of one of our brands each month. Our network of over 70 websites provide 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, with 8 billion page views per year.
We average 21 million mobile visitors - that's 60% of the entire mobile market. Each month we attract over 32 million unique visitors. That's more than our competitors. You will help us further increase our digital audience into 2019.
- Work with sales management and their teams to continually develop digital media knowledge, sales ability and results
- Help identify performance gaps and provide simple effective training solutions
- Support new product launches by developing and delivering associated training
- Own the creation and continuous maintenance of training materials, including training documents, presentations, activities, knowledge based articles, knowledge assessments in liaison with training colleagues across the UK regional business
- Meet regularly with managers and employees and observe work to accurately determine the measurable impact of training on sales performance
- Encourage feedback from participants and implement
- Schedule an ongoing calendar of digital sales skills and digital knowledge development sessions in coordination with senior management priorities
- Prepare your own learning materials, to reinforce objectives and engage participants in the learning experience
- Communicate with all levels of employees and senior management on digital sales training projects and initiatives.
- Demonstrate subject matter expertise and presence by facilitating in a style appropriate for the audience and the session topic
The Ideal Candidate
You will have the background of a highly skilled, digital media sales professional, who has progressed and developed their career in a training and coaching capacity with great success reflected by the results generated by the digital sales teams you have worked with.
You will be at the cutting edge of digital media sales and have an in depth understanding of how this can benefit local business of all sizes and critically, have the ability, enthusiasm and confidence to deliver, continually develop and instil this knowledge into both new and existing field and telesales teams across our North West business.
You'll have collaborative and strong interpersonal relationship skills at all levels, excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong project management experience.
The successful candidate will also have a strong desire to be a part of a results orientated company with a leading digital future.
In addition to competitive salaries, 25 days holiday, bonus structures (if applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc have a wealth of flexible benefits on offer. These include holiday purchase up to ten days per year, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, a technology scheme in conjunction with Curry's PC World, car scheme, health cash plan, employee loans and lots of high street discounts! Our business is fully committed to health and wellbeing in the workplace with an employee assistance programme and trained mental health first aiders across the business.
Reach plc believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.
On submitting your application you should receive a confirmation email - if you do not please contact us at