2 days left
- Full Time
37hrs per week
£15,998.16 - £16,840.17 per annum DOE
We are looking for a Support Worker to join our team at our Applegarth residential home, based in Leicester Forest East, to support people who have visual impairments and learning disabilities.
You will be required to work 37 hours per week and flexibly over a 24-hour period, seven days a week on a shift pattern, including weekends and bank holidays.
In this role you will:
- Offer emotional, physical and social support to each individual living in the bungalow.
- Be aware of the communication needs of each individual and to ensure that they are always fully met.
- Support each individual to make choices in all aspects of their life.
- Support activities that respond to individual preferences, both within the bungalow and in the local community.
- Need to demonstrate compassion, adaptability and integrity.
Previous experience of working with people in a residential or health setting is desirable but not essential as full training will be provided.
When rostered to work weekends and bank holidays you will be paid, at an enhanced hourly rate. Sleeping in duties, will be required for which an additional payment of £50.39 per sleep will be made.
In return you will receive a competitive salary in line with the Health & Social care sector, and a generous benefits package and investment in your personal growth with continuous training.
Working for Vista means you will be working for one of the oldest and largest local charities in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland, working with people with sight loss and their families.
To view further details and to apply for this post please click on apply
Closing date: Monday, 27th May 2019 – Midnight
Interview date: Week Commencing 3rd June 2019
If you do not hear from us within three weeks of the closing date, please assume you have regrettably not been selected for interview on this occasion.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.