Are you a ‘hands-on’, operational and data driven Project Manager, flexible to take on a variety of projects?
NFER has a worldwide reputation as a leading independent provider of education research and analysis. We are a registered charity that has contributed evidence, in-depth knowledge, and research expertise to support the creation of an excellent education for all children and young people for over seventy years. Improving the lives of children and young people is at the heart of everything we do.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, detailed focused, experienced ‘hands on’ Project Manager who wants to manage the operational aspects of a wide range of research and assessment projects. You will work with a range of teams across NFER, be able to tackle all sorts of operational projects using Prince 2 project management techniques, and be part of helping NFER achieve its mission to improve outcomes in education.
You will manage a range of projects, for example:
- A school engagement project for a randomised control trial
- Surveys and data collections
- A test development trial
- A marking project
- Large scale events
- Delivery of products for schools
You will also contribute to competitive tendering, pitching and other business development and service development activities. You will contribute to continually improving our processes and procedures and provide training for other members of the team.
Your technical background:
- Experience of hands on project management
- A degree with some numerical content
- Can translate complex requirements into administrative practicalities and forward plan resources and activities
Every project is different so we need a flexible team player who is committed to providing the best possible service to our customers.
You’ll love this job, if:
- You have a logical mind
- You can manage and motivate a team
- You enjoy learning new technology and problem solving using complex processes
If you have; experience gained in education, testing or qualifications development or Prince 2 practitioner status.
- Competitive salary of £35,798 - £40,291
- Generous pension scheme
- Free parking
- 30 days’ holiday per year plus Bank Holidays + additional discretionary days
- Excellent support for professional development
- Great work/life balance (35 hours worked per week)
NFER is a not-for-profit organisation and an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
So, if you are looking for a fresh, new challenge as a Project Manager, apply via the button shown.
Applications to be submitted by midnight Sunday 9th June 2019.
This vacancy has been placed by Webrecruit on behalf of NFER.