Designer, OK! Magazine (One day per week)
OK! Magazine has an opening for a Designer to join our team on a permanent basis working one day per week based within our Lower Thames Street office. Working on the art desk, you will report into the Art Director and will be responsible for designing the magazine whilst liaising with the editorial and picture departments.
As this is a fast paced position, and due to the reduced working days we are looking for a candidate who has previous experience working within magazines prior, to allow them to hit the ground running.
This is a part time position working each Monday of the week between 9:30 - 5:30pm.
We are Reach because it's what we do.
Every day our newsbrands - national and regional, in print and online - reach millions of people up and down the country. We are the UK's largest news publisher, with influential national newsbrands such as the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, OK! & New! Magazines and more than 100 distinguished regional titles.
Our brands have a long heritage of being trusted sources of news and information, with our editorial conviction and high standards of journalism providing audiences with timely information and opinion across multiple platforms.
Last year we sold 620 million newspapers, with 5 million readers of one of our brands each month. Our network of over 70 websites provide 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, with 8 billion page views per year.
We average 21 million mobile visitors - that's 60% of the entire mobile market. Each month we attract over 32 million unique visitors. That's more than our competitors. You will help us further increase our digital audience into 2019.
- Show strong design skills, be fast and accurate to turn around pages on a fast paced celebrity weekly.
- Assist and support the art desk team designing layouts, liaising with editorial and picture departments.
- To be in the office between 9 and 5 on Mondays - plus to be available if work is required on a weekend for any special events that OK! need to cover (any extra hours worked can be taken off in lieu at the discretion of the Art Director)
The Ideal Candidate
- Highly proficient in InDesign, Photoshop, and have a working knowledge of Content Watch
- Proven background of showing strong design and organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines, be flexible, proactive and highly organised with a high attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience with liaising with editorial departments and external PR's/agents etc.
- Understanding of the celebrity weekly market
- Flexible approach to working hours
In addition to competitive salaries, 20 days holiday and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc have a wealth of flexible benefits on offer. These include holiday purchase up to ten days per year, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, a technology scheme in conjunction with Curry's PC World, car scheme, health cash plan, employee loans and lots of high street discounts! Our business is fully committed to health and wellbeing in the workplace with an employee assistance programme and trained mental health first aiders across the business.
Reach plc believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.
On submitting your application you should receive a confirmation email - if you do not please contact us at