Our client’s company exists to help humankind win the war against pathogens. They identify problems in microbiology that were previously impossible to solve and develop new technology to solve them. They are an exciting start-up backed by the UK’s fastest growing pharmaceutical company aiming to revolutionise microbiology.
They are currently working with partners in the pharmaceutical manufacturing and veterinary diagnostics sector to develop their products:
1) SmartControl – Environmental monitoring software that seamlessly captures images of every sample to ensure data integrity with zero capital expenditure.
2) SwiftDetect - A rapid test that can detect the presence or absence of a single cell in a large volume in under six hours, using their hybrid PCR technology.
Who they’re looking for
They are looking for someone to join their team to lead management of their new software product SmartControl. This will be a hands-on role and you will be adding value to their customers from your first day with the company. They’re looking for someone who is as comfortable strategizing about the product vision as they are co-ordinating the level of detail required for requirements to be passed to the software development team.
What you’ll do
The product manager will form a critical bridge between customers and the business. You will liaise with all members of the team and your role will report directly to the Head of Operations.
- Develop the vision, strategy and roadmap for each tier of the product
- Translate the product vision and strategy to detailed requirements for the development team and use agile methodologies to direct and liaise with them
- Work alongside architects, designers, engineers and others to ensure timely delivery of the product
- Spend time with customers understanding how the product is used and how it could be improved, developing and reporting on metrics to support you
- Agree and monitor service levels and ensure adequate resources are in place to deliver against them
- Own the change control process for the product
- Grow the understanding of customer, industry, and regulatory trends to identify new features for development
- Contribute to other company products with ideas for future product development
- Occasionally travel to customer sites to understand how they use the product face to face, as required.
What they’re looking for
- Excellent oral, interpersonal and written communications skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to quickly build rapport and a track record of managing multiple stakeholders with strong examples of clear and concise communication
- Initiative, innovative creativity and tenacity to achieve objectives and overcome obstacles
- Experience of managing the whole lifecycle of a product
- Ability to prioritise requirements in line with the vision and seeking objective data to support decisions as far as possible
- Experience in leading teams with an agile methodology
Even better if you have…
- Experience working in a GxP or CFR regulated environment, particularly managing software products in these environments
- Experience of managing SaaS products in a B2B company
What you’ll get
- Salary £40k - £45k per annum (dependent on experience, knowledge & skills)
- 29 days holiday inclusive of bank holiday (increasing with service)
- Generous company pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Company bonus scheme (dependent on profit goals)
- Free breakfast and outdoor gym
Our client is based in a new science park development in Corsham in the beautiful Wiltshire countryside, with easy commutes from Bath, Bristol and Chippenham.
Come and join them in revolutionising microbiology.
If you would like to apply, please do so with a covering letter and CV.
Closing date for applications is – Wednesday 29th May 2019. Interviews will take place on Monday 10th June 2019. You will be contacted by Friday 31st May 2019 if you have been shortlisted for an interview.
Apply for Product Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly