Purpose of Role
To raise the profile of our school amongst key audiences (parents, staff, media, etc) and the wider public by developing and delivering communications plans to promote the school’s objectives, particularly pupil recruitment and retention. The role has a focus on news-gathering and story-telling across various channels (including online, print and social).
The successful candidate will be an organised, enthusiastic and a hard-working team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills. They will also be digitally savvy and have had previous experience in a similar marketing/ communcations role.
Director of Marketing and Admissions / Principal of Sancton Wood School
- Publicise the school’s events and activities to a wide range of audiences. Assist in the preparation of communication materials for these events where required.
- Generate interesting rich content for all school communications channels, specifically social media and the websites.
- Be responsible for proactive news & information gathering, through maintaining strong relationships with staff across all schools
- Ensure news and related content is updated on each school’s website, blogs and social media channels; support in managing each school’s social media channels, as required
- Engage prospective & current parents and all staff by creating informative marketing emails, invitations, surveys and other communications as required
- Manage and maintain contact databases and lists. Work with the registrars and other administrative staff to develop prospective and current parent lists.
- Track and monitor success of email newsletters and social media posts
- Consistently review website content and all channels to ensure information is correct and fit for purpose
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in the schools to understand their communication needs and develop plans to assist where possible
- Work with the Director of Marketing to develop and proof all print publications across the schools
- Stay informed of trends and developments for new, innovative communications tolls and explore new solutions and approaches to improve communication across the school and beyond.
General Admin duties as required
Responding to correspondence
Collation of prospectus packs
Attend Open Morning/Open Day events and assist as reasonably required
Support the Director of Marketing
To perform any responsibilities associated with being a member of the Sancton Wood team as reasonably directed.
- strong verbal communication skills
- excellent written communication skills for producing high quality content
- knowledge of existing and emerging social media platforms
- excellent IT skills – specifically Wordpress / another CMS, Google Analytics, Social media, MS Office. Design ability (InDesign) is an advantage.
- attention to detail and accuracy
- the ability to work independently and flexibly
- the capacity to prioritise and work across multiple projects
- the ability to work as part of a team
- organisational skills with the ability to deliver a high volume of quality work
- creative skills for contributing new and innovative ideas
- the ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- networking and analytical skills
Apply for Marketing Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly