Data Analyst Manager - Survey Programming (Market Research) BLUD82186
Founded in 2013 by experienced researchers, our client stands out from the crowd. At their core, they’re market researchers, which means they get consumers, wherever they are and whatever they do. What really makes them different though is their ability to develop a deep understanding through making the complicated beautifully simple.
They have begun the process of bringing all survey scripting in-house and as such they are seeking a Data Analyst Manager with the knowledge, energy and vision to bring this to fruition. The role will involve developing new processes and supporting them to create the programming capability to deliver the innovative surveys and analysis required by a market leading research agency.
Scripting surveys using Decipher and contributing to the drawing up of new survey production processes, you will advise on best practice, process survey data and continually learn and develop new scripting approaches, ensuring our surveys remain at the cutting edge of market research. You will use strong communication skills to disseminate knowledge and thinking into the business.
A degree or extensive equivalent experience that demonstrates a strong understanding of computer science, programming, data management, statistics or quantitative research components is likely to be vital.
Beyond a degree, to be considered for this role you will be able to demonstrate:
- Strong survey programming experience, with 5+ years working in a market research environment scripting surveys – and specifically hands-on experience in Decipher
- Experience of other data collection methods (CAPI, CATI) and platforms (Dimensions, Confimit, Askia, etc.) would be major benefit as we expand our offering
- Experience of delivery data files and codebooks to analysts, and carrying out data QA checks pre-fieldwork, will be required to fit straight into the team
- Experience of working with data packages, a high level of IT literacy with the proven ability to self develop and understand IT packages. You should have used packages such as SPSS, R, or Q in the past, and this would stand you in good stead.
- Further knowledge of packages and programming languages – including VBA, Microsoft Business Intelligence, SQL, D3, shiny, etc. – and the use of APIs to integrate with various packages will be an immediate benefit. We expect experience of at least two of these packages and some previous work with APIs.
- A desire to continually improve processes and seek the best way of solving common problems coupled with a strong eye for detail, ensuring work is always produced to the highest possible standards
- Highly motivated to deliver leading edge programming and data solutions, demonstrating a history of innovating and adding value in previous roles and holding a demonstrable knowledge of advances and new opportunities in these areas.
- A strong communicator with strong numerical skills, with the ability to explain and share your thinking as you shape and build surveys and data reporting
- Quick and efficient working coupled with a collaborative, team-orientated mindset, with an appetite for taking on more tasks when the chance arises
- Experience of working with teams from more than one country is important, including those in remote locations, as we have two – soon to be three – offices and this role is expected to serve each of them
- Experience of managing, mentoring and training junior staff and/or teams will be expected, as it is key to the evolution of this role
In return, you will be part of our client’s team and will benefit from everything they offer. This includes their pension scheme, the company bonus structure and subsidized gym membership. You’ll be working with the entire team, including the joint managing directors, and have the chance to learn from some of the most experienced people in the business.
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.
Apply for Data Analyst Manager - Survey Programming (Market Research) BLUD82186
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly