Our client is currently looking for a Construction Supervisor to join their team. The Construction Supervisor is responsible for overseeing all physical activities of a construction project, including working with the Construction Manager on planning to completion.
This is an exciting opportunity to grow your leadership skills and mining experience on a unique and exciting mining project
- Assist in the review and award of all supplier / subcontractor proposals.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of an overarching construction safety program utilizing proactive training and behavioural based safety covering all activities onsite from direct hire personnel, subcontractors and suppliers to achieve a zero harm safety culture.
- Ensure adherence to the Client’s safety, health, environmental and quality programs through all phases of the construction process.
- Responsible for the selection and recruitment of key construction personnel in conjunction and supported by human resources and contributes to the talent management of our client's personnel, including workforce and succession planning within relevant functions e.g. construction.
- Participate in the planning, scheduling, logistics and execution of all construction activities, and mitigate constraints to ensure adherence to schedule milestones.
- Implement critical path schedule activities and maintain focus among all stakeholders to achieve success.
- Ensure proper communication is maintained between subcontractors and direct hire activities to remove obstacles to safe and efficient construction activities.
- Lead and mentor all direct reports to ensure that their people processes and procedures are delivered and executed to the appropriate standard, maintaining and promoting strong collaborative relationships with subcontractors and personnel on the site.
- Lead and maintain good morale amongst all participants onsite regardless of obstacles and challenges that present themselves through the construction cycle.
- Ensures continuous improvement initiatives are encouraged and driven throughout the Project and across DMC to ensure we continuously improve in all aspects of our project and operations.
- Extensive experience in the Heavy Industrial Construction industry. Experience in Mining is a strong asset.
- Extensive experience in a construction supervisor role with a track record of successful completion is a requirement.
- Project experience, including: Client Relationship Management, sub-contractor management and achieng project milestones successfully.
- Proven leadership and relationship management skills
- Ability to understand and motivate teams across functions, disciplines and offices to work collaboratively and efficiently.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and negotiation skills
- Intermediate to advanced level proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite is required.
*The above reflects the general duties considered to describe the principle functions of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed job description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job. This description is for the purpose of information only. It is understood that the terms or conditions of the job are subject to change as may be deemed necessary by the Company to maintain a safe and efficient operation.
Our client is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. You and any job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation (Protected Characteristics)