Educational Support/ Teaching Assistant / ESA - Level 2
Job Title: Educational Support Assistant (ESA) - Level 2
Location: Hulme, Manchester
Job Type: Full time (term time only), Permanent
Closing Date: 7th June 2109
Start Date: 27th August 2019
The College is located in Hulme a mile south of the centre of Manchester and very close to Manchester University and Manchester Metropolitan University, with excellent transport links. It is one of the largest Sixth Form Colleges in the country and rated as Outstanding at the last Ofsted Inspection.
They are now seeking to appoint Educational Support Assistant (level 2) to work across the Faculty of Additional Learning Support.
- To work with groups of students under the supervision of the teacher including the delivery of therapy and programmes of work
- To assist with the development and implementation of individual Education / Behaviour Plans and Personal Care programmes
- To provide support for students including the full range of communication systems, eating, drinking, personal care, mobility and medication, subject to supervision and training
- To work with individuals and groups of students to deliver accredited learning programmes taking into account SEN requirements, under specific supervision of the class teacher.
- Provide feedback to students in relation to progress and achievements under the guidance of the teacher
- To assist the teacher to ensure a safe classroom and outdoor environment, checking materials and personal equipment for defects and implement risk assessments carried out by the teacher according to college guidelines
- The above list is by no means exhaustive any you'll be expected to provide support to the Students, Teachers and the College as a whole in a variety of ways that can, and will, differ day to day.
- Ability to use relevant technology e. iPads, pc, smart board, camera
- Knowledge of the SEND Code of Practice and how it affects students
- Have a clear understanding of the Asdan curriculum
- Have a clear understanding of the Numeracy and Literacy Curriculum
- An understanding of health and safety, and child protection issues
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills
- Level 2 NVQ or equivalent
Please click on the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to the College's careers page and an application form.
Candidates with the experience and relevant job titles of: Educational Support Assistant, Special Educational Needs Assistant, Learning Support Worker, LSA, LSW, Learning Support Assistant, Teaching Support Assistant, Teaching Assistant, Learning Difficulties, Support Worker, Learning Assistant will be considered for this role.
Apply for Educational Support/ Teaching Assistant / ESA - Level 2
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly