£38,000 - £45,000 DOE Plus Pension, Health Insurance, DIS, Profit Share Scheme, Cycle Scheme, 31 Days’ Holiday including Bank Holidays (rising with service)
We’re Big Group Retail, a key division of Big Group Limited, a creative digital marketing agency. We work with some of the world’s largest brands to deliver innovative retail design projects that enliven and enhance retail experiences.
Matching competitive tech with human interaction, we aim to keep high streets buzzing with engaged shoppers who enjoy going into stores and browsing physical products rather than leafing through countless online pages.
We’re now looking for a PHP Developer to get involved with full stack development, implement new features and enhance custom-built internal and external business tools.
As a PHP Developer, you will:
- Develop websites, microsites, web architecture and web applications
- Liaise with internal and external clients to define requirements
- Plan new functionality, including modifying the existing relational database, integrating new back end code and developing new user interface elements
- Test website interaction and performance before deploying code
- Maintain existing client sites
- Build landing pages and responsive emails
To join our team as a PHP Developer, you’ll need:
- At least three years’ experience of using the majority of the above with MVC and OOP projects
- Experience of Git, including branching, versioning and merging
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Knowledge of any of the following would be an advantage: Photoshop and Illustrator, Joomla, LAMP, HTML5 banner creation, project management tools such as Jira or Excel and PDF.
Other companies may call this role PHP Developer, Web Developer, Website Developer, Application Developer, App Developer, Full Stack Developer, Developer or Programmer.
Why join us?
- Work on award-winning, technically innovative retail design projects for some of the largest brands in the world
- Get involved in all areas of development, from feature planning to implementation and deployment
- Join a small, technically-focused team
- Excellent growth and learning opportunities
- Develop your career with a business that loves innovation and experimentation
Webrecruit and Big Group Retail are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
To apply for the role of PHP Developer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday