4 days left
- Full Time
Reports to: Accounts Manager/Financial Controller Main Area of Responsibility
- To provide an efficient, timely and accurate payroll service to approximately 450 staff, including both permanent and casual employees.
- To provide a start to finish payroll service.
- To accurately maintain the payroll database, including the processing of new starters, employee contractual changes and leavers.
- To verify and upload timekeeping records of casual staff onto monthly spreadsheet.
- To ensure that expenses submitted by staff are in line with company policy.
- To compile a summary report of expenses for submission to payroll and accounts.
- To liaise with accounts manager to ensure all payroll liabilities are met, including tax and NI, AOEs and salary deductions.
- To record any additional payroll data, such as deductions, bonuses, overtime onto spreadsheet and submit data to our payroll bureau for processing.
- To monitor fuels costs and to advise employees or any changes in statutory fuel payments.
- To check submission from the payroll bureau and amend before completion and to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and on time.
- To sign off and authorise submission to HMRC and payments by BACS.
- To compile a summary from the monthly payroll reports for submission to accounts.
- To complete Office of National Statistics documentation as required.
- To process and complete any end of year documentation and processes, such as P11D’s, Gender Pay Gap Reports etc.
- To resolve any payroll discrepancies and to record any complaints, questions and concerns about payroll services and to communicate those issues to the Financial Controller and/or HR manager.
- To maintain compliant policies and procedures for processing the payroll and to keep abreast of any changes in legislation.
- To liaise with HMRC in the event of a PAYE query or inspection.
- To carry out any other duties and tasks required by management, which are within the post-holder’s capabilities.
- To assist in Tigers vision to make Leicester Tigers the best rugby team in the world.
Minimum 3 year’s payroll experience;
Knowledge and operational experience of current HMRC regulations in respect of PAYE, NI and all other statutory payments
Experience of processing monthly payrolls from start to finish
Strong knowledge of pension administration
Ability to prioritise workloads
Excellent communication skills;
Excellent organisation skills
Apply for Payroll Clerk
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly