Content Lead - Editorial
Cambridge University Press has an exciting opportunity available for a Content Lead - Editorial to join our team based in Cambridge. You will join us on a full time, 2 year fixed term contract and in return, we are offering a competitive salary of £32,833 per annum depending on experience, plus bonus and benefits.
We have over 2,500 talented employees across 50 international offices uniting all our publishing groups. Join our Education Reform team, part of the Education publishing group, to help us raise learning outcomes and improve equity for students across the world.
We will offer a fantastic benefits package:
- Dynamic work environment that empowers you to be your best
- Group personal pension
- Free life assurance
- Inclusive and flexible working environment
- 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- On-site fitness facilities
- Easily accessible with a 10 minutes walk from the train station
About the role:
We are looking for a decisive and collaborative Content Lead - Editorial to join our busy and highly motivated Content team, working on education products for the International and UK schools markets across a wide range of subjects.
Your role will be to support authors and manage freelancers during the writing and development of designated content (which could be print, digital, or blended products). You will effect best-practice teaching methodology within our content and ensure that quality standards are adhered to at all stages of the publishing process.
Key duties and responsibilities of our Content Lead - Editorial:
- Working closely with authors, Commissioning Editors, and external development editors to devise and execute the development plans for assigned print and digital projects
- Determining suitable pedagogical features and approaches for new products, in conjunction with Commissioning Editors
- Participating in author briefing meetings, advising on editorial and content processes and working collaboratively to create and agree detailed writing plans
- Building effective author relationships in order to extract high quality content, while adhering to budget and schedule constraints
- Reviewing and approving author writing samples and draft manuscripts, advising on any editorial or pedagogical queries that may arise throughout the writing period
- Managing the content review process
- Checking and accepting final manuscripts
- Reviewing and resolving content queries at copyedit and proof stages
- Ensuring editorial quality standards are met during proof stages
- Supporting the endorsement process by conducting quality control checks
Skills and experience required to become our Content Lead - Editorial:
- Highly motivated and organised
- Ability to build strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Previous experience in the publishing industry in an editorial role, ideally within an educational publishing setting
- Proven track record of managing a demanding workload in a fast-paced environment
- Previous teaching experience would be an advantage
Closing Date: Monday 27th May
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your publishing skills as part of a fast-moving and dynamic department in a highly respected and global company, so why not click ‘apply’? Don’t miss out on this opportunity to join an organisation that plays a leading role in today’s global market place as our Content Lead - Editorial.