2nd / 3rd Line Support / IT Systems Engineer
Job Title: IT Systems Engineer/2nd/3rd Line Support
Salary: £25,000 - £35,000 per annum (+ phone allowance)
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Are you passionate about IT? Would you like to pursue growth and learning? Do you like problem solving and embracing Innovation?
As a Client and Tech focused MSP, they have new opportunities for technically focused people looking to move their career onto the next level. Due to their commitment of delivering high level technical solutions to the expanding range of clients, they are looking for an IT Infrastructure specialist to join their technical team.
They have Offices in Manchester, Newbury and a team of field engineers working out of London and you could become part of this dynamic team.
The role will be based in the Manchester office, providing both onsite and remote support for their clients based throughout the UK. They are looking for a knowledgeable, skilled and experienced Technician who has experience of a wide array of technology's and is comfortable working in a technical support environment.
They are looking for people with an enthusiasm for Technology, a skill set to deliver all requirements around a range of IT systems along with the confidence to work on their own initiative. This opportunity is perfect for the person looking to work within a fast growing, yet established technology focused Managed Service Provider.
- Using tools such as Autotask, AEM and IT Glue to provide enhanced support services to all clients.
- Troubleshooting support desk issues across a wide range of technologies, providing efficient long-term solutions - Working in both a 2nd and 3rd line capacity
- Pre-build solutions and testing prior to system deployment
- Pre-Sales Technical solutions design and assistance
- Being available to be deployed to a client site to resolve issues that require an onsite presence to complete
- Project related installations of IT systems and Solutions
- Liaising with 3rd parties to resolve issues with bespoke applications
- Updating a ticket management system to maintain a detailed record of all faults and fixes
- Maintaining technical documentation to ensure client records are up to date
- Working as part of a team on project related work, assisting with planning and implementations activities
- Reporting to the Technical Services Manager you will be responsible for providing technical services and support for a variety of high end clients across a full range of technology systems provided by the company
- A desire to learn and adapt to new skills and technologies.
- A great team player with the ability to inspire confidence in clients through helping non-technical people understand technical aspects
- A proven history of being able to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues across a client base with varying infrastructure and services within the commercial sector
- 2nd and 3rd line support experience with advanced Microsoft desktop and server skills including Windows 8/10 and Windows Server 2012 to 2019
- Networking knowledge and skills with experience of maintaining converged network solutions
- Supporting (HP and IBM) and virtual servers
- Demonstrable experience with DHCP and group policy
- Office 365 & Azure knowledge
- Knowledge of vSphere & Hyper-V
- Experience in remote diagnostics along with analysis and monitoring
- Experience managing backup environments, both cloud and on premise using Datto, StorageCraft & VEEAM
- IT related degree or relevant qualifications highly desirable
- Knowledge of the technology used in the hospitality sector
- Knowledge of VOIP and support experience
- Candidates with Microsoft Certifications would prove advantageous
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Infrastructure Engineer, 2nd Line Infrastructure Engineer, 3rd Line Infrastructure Engineer, Windows Server Infrastructure Engineer, 2nd Line Support Engineer, 2nd Line Support, Server Support Technician, ICT Systems Engineer, IT Technician, IT Service Desk Technician, 3rd Line Support, 2nd Line Support Technician, Technical Support Engineer, IT Network Engineer, Technical Support, Technical Support Technician, Technical Infrastructure Engineer, Network Solutions Engineer, IT Network Support Engineer, IT Support, IT Systems Engineer, IT Systems Technician, ICT Technician, IT Systems Support, VOIP Technician may also be considered for this role.
Apply for 2nd / 3rd Line Support / IT Systems Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly