Senior Safe House Support Worker
Female* Senior Safe House Support Worker
Salary: Point 15; £22,911
Contract: Full Time
Hours: 37.5 hrs per week (includes participation on out of hours telephone on-call rota and some evening and Saturday working on a rota basis)
Established in 1999, Next Link is the leading provider of domestic abuse services to women and children in Bristol and South Gloucestershire. At Next Link we are committed to providing holistic, empowering and personalised support and advocacy to women and children experiencing domestic abuse. With a focus on survivor’s safety and recovery; we believe the provision of flexible support tailored to survivors need’s can be transforming, helping to maximise independence and self-determination so survivors can make informed choices.
We are looking for an experienced safe house support worker to take on additional responsibilities to provide high quality safe house accommodation and support to women and children who have experienced domestic abuse, with a victim centred approach, focussing on safety, recovery and empowerment.
The successful Candidate will:
- An extensive understanding of the impact of domestic abuse on women and children
- Excellent communication and delegation skills
- Experience of providing support and guidance to less experienced members of staff
- Knowledge of the safety, criminal and legal options available to women experiencing domestic abuse
- Ability to oversee safe house assessments and allocations in line with policy and procedure
- An understanding of cultural diversity
- A full driving licence and access to transport with business insurance
- Up to 30 days annual leave (depending on length of service)
- 3 extra holidays including International Women’s Day
- Excellent development and training opportunities
- Employer pension contribution (minimum 5% of your gross salary)
- Mindful Employer Plus Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Wellness Awards
How to apply:
If you are motivated, resourceful and passionate about empowering female victims of domestic abuse apply for this role and work as part of a team to contribute to the valuable work Next Link and its wider services, delivering hope and support to survivors of domestic violence and abuse.
Please download the application pack from our website and complete the application form. Please submit your application by 9 am, Friday 7th June 2019. Please do not send CVs. Interviews will be held on Wednesday 12th June 2019.
Next Link is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk of abuse, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Next Link is committed to Equal Opportunities. *All posts are exempt under section 7 (2) (f) of the Sex Discrimination Act 1975. Next Link is part of Missing Link Housing
Please click to apply to visit website