Accounts Assistant / Finance Administrator
Job Title: Accounts Assistant
Location: Pendeford Business Park, Overstrand, Wolverhampton
Salary: £20,000 per annum
Monday to Friday: 08 am-16 or 09 am-17 as required
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the most dynamic and largest Insurance Brokers in the Midlands, based at Pendeford Business Park, Wolverhampton.
The company is currently looking to fill an existing vacancy within the Accounts department. The successful candidate will have proven experience of working previously within the financial sector and within an accounts role, whilst demonstrating the ability to work at ease in a fast paced and busy environment.
Working within the Insurance industry is desirable.
- To work closely with other departments and Managers in achieving the department and business objectives
- To create and maintain effective working relationships with your line manager, colleagues and teams
- To assist with administration duties, inclusive of working with the daily accounts diaries, dealing with client refunds and payment plans
- Processing the weekly finance reports in line with appropriate timescales
- Maintenance of debt diary, processing and issuing first debt response letter and thereafter escalating matters over to the Collections Department
- Weekly reconciliation of Finance payments
- Overseeing client money transfers between two systems
- Weekly/monthly review of outstanding client balances with escalation to external debt collection agencies
- Reconciliation of payments received via external debt collection agencies
- Weekly review of insurer aged creditors
- Assisting with insurer reconciliations for monthly payments
- Weekly review of outstanding client balances
- Experience of working in a Finance/Accounting environment is essential (preferably larger business)
- Knowledge of Insurance or specifically Personal Lines Insurance Broking is desirable.
- Excellent knowledge of using Microsoft Office products is essential in particular Excel, Word and Outlook
- Essential knowledge of SAGE accounts system
- Desirable OGI or SSP is an advantage
- Analytically and numerically minded
- Good organisational skills
- Flexible and approachable
- Attention to detail
- Minimum 5 GCSE's grade A to D; or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
- Two years of job related experience preferably in a similar role within the financial sector
- 25 days Holiday plus the opportunity to work Good Friday and accrue an additional 2 days holiday
- Access to offsite parking
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Covering Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of: Credit Controller, Accounts Clerk, Payment Processing, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Credit Control, Assistant Credit Controller, Finance Clerk, Finance Administrator, Accounts Assistant, Debt Collection, Purchase Ledger Clerk, Sales Ledger Collections Advisor, Debt Recovery, Negotiations Officer, Negotiations Advisor, Debtor management, Accounts Administrator, Finance Assistant, Finance Admin, Accounts Officer, Accounts Team Assistant, Accounts Coordinator, Collections Officer, Collections Advisor, Customer Advisor, Negotiations, Collections, Recovery Advisor, Collections Negotiator, Collections Agent may also be considered for this role.
Apply for Accounts Assistant / Finance Administrator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly