Independent Sexual Violence Advisor
Female* BME TRAINEE Independent Sexual Violence Advisor (ISVA)
Award Winning Service Safe Link
Salary: Point 7, £19,554.
Location: Office is located in Bristol (required to travel across Avon and Somerset Point 7, £19,554.
Would you like to work for an award winning service by becoming a trainee ISVA providing specialist sexual violence support to BME victims who live across Avon and Somerset? If so we have an exciting opportunity for a creative and highly motivated woman to join our organisation.
SAFE Link was established in 2008 and is a service that works across the Avon and Somerset Police Area and provides emotional and practical support to victims of rape and sexual assault. SAFE Link provides an independent victim-focused service. The service is committed to the Victims Code of Practice. Our ethos is to enable victims to cope and recover after their assault. We can support victims to report to the police if they wish.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to work as a trainee within the integrated team. You will be supported to develop the skills, knowledge and competencies to contribute to and assist in the provision of ISVA support to BME victims and their families to cope and recover.
The successful Candidate will have:
- Empathy with the needs of BME victims of rape and sexual assault and the barriers they face
- An understanding of the impact of sexual violence and abuse on victims
- The ability to learn new skills and a commitment to learning in the workplace
- A commitment to participating in a training programme
- A current full driving licence and access to an appropriate vehicle is essential.
- Up to 30 days annual leave (depending on length of service)
- 3 extra holidays including International Women’s Day
- Excellent development and training opportunities
- Employer pension contribution (minimum 5% of your gross salary)
- Mindful Employer Plus Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Wellness Awards
How to apply:
Please download the application pack from our website and complete the application form. Please submit your application by 18th June. Please do not send CVs. Interviews will be held on 25th June.
SAFE Link is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk of abuse, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. SAFE Link is committed to Equal Opportunities. *All posts are exempt under section 7 (2) (f) of the Sex Discrimination Act 1975