We’re BSI, the business standards company that helps organizations all over the world make excellence a habit. For more than a century, we’ve been showing businesses how to improve performance, reduce risk and achieve sustainable growth.
Now, we’re looking for a PR Manager to join our head office team in Chiswick and enhance the image of BSI in the public eye and the media.
- Salary of £40,000 - £55,000
- Excellent company-contributed pension scheme
- Company-paid private medical insurance
- A wide range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your lifestyle
- Develop your career with a business that’s committed to continual improvement, integrity and inclusivity
- 27 days’ annual leave (with the opportunity to increase this to 30 days)
If you’re a PR professional with a deep grasp of media relations, this is an outstanding opportunity to increase the scope of your career and make a big impact on the public perception of BSI.
We’re an exciting international organization and our work can be seen in almost every aspect of daily life. Our CE mark is found on a huge array of household electronics and our standards are present in healthcare centres, factories and distributors across the globe.
You’ll discover best-in-class rewards, engaged and enthusiastic colleagues and a culture based around excellence, professional growth and fulfilling your potential.
So, if you are ready to do something amazing with your career, read on and apply today.
As our PR Manager, you’ll seek to enhance BSI’s reputation and improve brand awareness, gaining positive media coverage within trade publications, magazines, online channels, newspapers and the broadcast media.
You’ll join our press office and will focus on promoting high revenue earning (HRE) standards and the benefits these bring, primarily within the trade and online media.
Specifically, you will:
- Develop, implement and measure the quarterly HRE PR plan
- Write press releases on new ‘prioritized’ HRE standards
- Build and leverage media relationships within trade and industry publications
- Handle media enquiries, suggest media relations activity and news stories
- Develop other B2B/B2C media materials to ensure a proactive approach to media relations
- Establish strong internal working relationships to identify and develop news stories
- Work with the UK PR Manager to arrange interviews, manage media opportunities and build relationships with journalists and bloggers
To be considered as a PR Manager, you’ll need:
- Demonstrable experience as a PR professional with strong media relations skills, ideally gained in an agency environment
- Proven experience of developing and executing successful campaigns
- B2B industry experience
- To be educated to degree level or equivalent
Please note; this is a full time role, however we carefully consider agile ways of working that allow for the best impact for our employees and clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated within this advert, we are happy to discuss further especially regarding flexible working to accommodate caring or childcare responsibilities.
We are eager to hear from people with experience as a PR Manager, Public Relations Manager, Media Relations Manager, Media Manager, PR & Marketing Manager, Communications Manager, Engagement Manager, Brand Engagement Manager, or Public Policy Manager.
Webrecruit and BSI are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are ready to take your next step as a PR Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.