Governance and Data Compliance Officer
Governance and Data Compliance Officer
Salary: Up to £32,640 per annum (starting salary subject to qualifications and skills)
Hours: 36.25 per week
Based: Either Birmingham, Nottingham, Peterborough, Boston or Rushden
Reference Number: LG219
Data is important to us. The governance, security and integrity of our data is even more important to us; and our data and it’s compliance with GDPR is of paramount importance to us.
During an exciting programme of change, we are looking to appoint a Governance and Data Compliance Officer to be our key point of contact for the Group in respect of governance and data security.
We are looking to appoint a Governance and Data Compliance Officer who has operated in a governance environment previously, and will ideally hold some experience of Data Protection regulations.
Key responsibilities of the role will be:
- Providing key support to the Group’s Boards and Committees, regulatory and legal registers, in the maintenance and development of our Group-wide governance framework
- Operating as strategic support to our Director of Governance and the wider team in the delivery of key aspects of the Group’s governance framework.
- Work with a keen eye for business improvement, becoming a champion for our Governance, Performance and Compliance in best practice and practice standards across Corporate Governance and Data Compliance.
- Dealing with data protection registrations, breaches and near misses; advising the Group and key stakeholders of solutions; and being the first point of call for queries relating to such areas, and support the development of data protection best practice across the Group.
The Group operates from a number of different sites across the Midlands, so some travelling will be required and is to be expected.
The role of Governance and Data Compliance Officer for us would suit an experienced and skilled professional with a real appetite for business improvement and change. Our successful person will have a high attention to detail, remain calm under pressure and be able to liaise with key stakeholders including the most senior within the organisation. A governance qualification or similar is desirable but not essential.
Longhurst Group is one of the UK’s leading housing providers, providing more than 22,000 homes across the Midlands and the East of England, and is a leading independent provider of care and support services. Passionate about people and committed to its vision of ‘Improving Lives’, Longhurst Group does not stand still and has an exciting future ahead with ambitious growth plans for housing, care, support and community investment. Everything we do is about helping people, enhancing their wellbeing and improving lives.
At Longhurst Group we value and respect our people. We recognise that our success rests on the shoulders of committed staff and board members so we want to make sure that everyone feel supported and appreciated. Being part of Longhurst Group means living our values. In it together, Heartfelt Service, Own it, Push the Boundaries and Fun and Fair. It is through our values we will continue to shape the future making a positive difference within our local communities, creating places where people want to live.
In return for your hard work and commitment, you’ll enjoy excellent employee benefits including
- A competitive salary
- A contributory average salary Pension Scheme
- Generous paid annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays and 3 additional concessionary days.
- A commitment to learning and development
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free onsite parking at majority of sites
How to Apply
To Apply please send a CV and Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the Reference Number: LG219.
To download a copy of the Job Description, please visit: www.longhurst-group.org.uk/careers
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.
All shortlisted candidates will need to verify eligibility to work in the UK at interview, copies will not be taken. Proof must then be provided by day one upon successful candidature.
Longhurst Group is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applicants from minority ethnic groups and people with disabilities and invite applicants to contact the employer to identify any additional support they may need during the recruitment process
Closing Date: Friday, 24th May 2019 (Midnight)
Interview Date: TBC