Twinned with a well-established consultancy, which has been operating for over 30 years, The Navitas Group has been developed to revolutionise how the foodservice and hospitality industries manage their Food Safety requirements, by providing a full digital solution to replace the current archaic paper-based methods. As a rapidly growing company with an aggressive growth strategy, the opportunities for career progression are engrained within the business.
We are looking for an experienced Production Manager to manage our hardware through every stage from design, production, quality control through to fault finding. As part of the management of the facility, you will be responsible for managing a small production team and will be involved in the recruitment process.
What’s our team like?
As a member of the fun and lively Navitas team, you will benefit from working in a fast-paced environment and will be recognised for your achievements whilst working independently.
What’s the role?
The successful candidate will report to the CEO and be responsible for the performance and output of our Production Facility. The successful candidate will manage our hardware through every stage from design, production, quality control through to fault finding.
As part of the management of the facility, you will be responsible for managing a small production team and will be involved in the recruitment process.
What will you do?
- Carry out product design including our current hardware and new revisions. Furthermore, the management of external design consultants will be within the scope of the role, as we utilise governmental grants to re-design our equipment.
- Review, challenge and develop the manufacturing processes and their capabilities to meet current and future business requirements.
- Quality control shall be a focus of the role, ensuring that processes are developed and maintained, such as:
- DFMEA (Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis)
- Quality Control Plan
- Incoming Receiving Inspection
- PPAP (Production Part Approval Process)
- Supplier Quality specification
- MTBF (mean time before failure analysis & results)
- End of line functional test specification & historical results
- Accelerated life testing (HALT) & results
- Reliability test plan & results
- Ensure that all Health & Safety standards are maintained, in accordance with company policy
- Keep all production within budget and time frames
- Manage inbound components and outbound finished goods, via our stock management system
What do you need?
- Knowledge and experience of Linux, Assembler, C+ and Raspberian languages
- Knowledge of RF propagation and modulation techniques at 868MHz
- Manual dexterity and soldering
- Familiar with electronic components, make spec, values and sizes, ordering and stock control.
- Fault finding to component level
- Assemble plastic products on assembly line
- Must be able to use CAD design packages, such as Altium
- Fully conversant with the setting up/programming and day-to-day running of a Pick and Place machine and reflow oven