Graduate Design Engineer
Graduate Design Engineer
We are ONFAB, a world-leading designer, manufacturer and installer of containment systems. Primarily serving the pharmaceutical industry, we have developed unrivalled technology in flexible containment, hard isolators and glove bag solutions.
Due to significant growth, we’re now looking for a Graduate Design Engineer to join our forward-thinking team.
- Salary of £18,000 - £20,000 per annum
- Free parking
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a small, rapidly-growing company boasting a profitable product range, impressive client base and ambitious plans for the future.
You’ll join an open environment where change and new ideas are embraced, and employees pool their talents together to innovate and improve upon the status quo.
In this brand new role, you will have the chance to really make your mark on our new products and product development and help to create innovation and break new ground in our field.
As a Graduate Design Engineer, you will be tasked with supporting the development of new containment products and prototypes.
Specifically, you will undertake a range of design, research, prototyping, estimation and process improvement activities. You’ll work with the Manufacturing Supply Manager and the Operations Manager to ensure the successful delivery of design projects.
Your role will also involve:
- Using customer information and on-site measurements to create containment systems that meet customer needs
- Constructing prototypes and confirming designs
- Ensuring components and assemblies meet quality standards
- Performing physical tests on prototypes
- Providing calculations to support designs and specifications
- Delivering on-site technical support as required
To join us as a Graduate Design Engineer, you will need:
- A degree (or equivalent) in industrial design, mechanical engineering or a related field
- A good working knowledge of 3D CAD (such as SolidWorks) and 2D CAD (such as AutoCAD) or similar software, gained from your studies, a professional role or similar (such as a placement)
- Excellent IT skills including proficiency with MS Office applications
- A creative approach and an innovative mindset with the ability to come up with new ideas and improvements for existing processes, products or designs
Knowledge of MRP and PDM software would be beneficial to your application.
This is the perfect role for someone looking to become or with experience as, a Design Engineer, Graduate Design Engineer, Research & Development Engineer, Junior R&D Engineer, R&D Technician, Graduate Mechanical Engineer, Graduate NPD Engineer, or New Product Development Engineer.
Webrecruit and ONFAB are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Graduate Design Engineer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.