Customer Service Officer (Reception Based)
To provide a professional standalone, efficient customer facing reception meeting and greeting all visitors, dealing with front line face-to-face, telephone and e-mail enquiries providing a professional and welcoming attitude to the Council's visitors.
- Acknowledge all visitors, provide accurate information in order to resolve frontline face-to-face, telephone and e-mail enquiries and if necessary ensure that complex requests are efficiently referred or escalated within the organisation.
- Provide a friendly and professional face of the organisation to all visitors
- Ensure only authorised persons enter the premises by checking and issuing security access cards and informing staff when visitors arrive for meetings.
- Dealing with public and registrant enquiries about registration and other organisational processes from visitors and members of the public when appropriate.
- Booking appointments with departments when appropriate.
- Directing visitors to the correct member of staff or Hearing.
- The housekeeping of the Council's access security card system; issue security cards keys and maintaining records as required.
- The receiving of signed for or recorded post and deliveries to the General Dental Council.
- Keeping the reception area neat, tidy and presentable.
- Keeping the Council's literature up to date in the reception.
- Monitor customer service and registration email inbox and deal with the customer enquiries when required.
- Carry out from time to time and as directed, any other reasonable duties as required to support the Registration Operations Teams.
- Demonstrable experience of working within a customer focussed environment, ideally within a regulatory or similar environment.
- Proven reception duties in a professional environment
- Proven commitment to deliver excellent customer service to the satisfaction of customers.
- Well-developed inter-personal skills, with the ability to engage confidently and effectively with customers, demonstrating empathy, tact and discretion in discussing sensitive issues or complaints with customers and colleagues.
- Experience of dealing with a variety of internal and external contacts, including members of the public.
- Ability to interpret information, establishing rapport and understanding the needs of a diverse range of customers.
- Ability to understand the work of the team and organisation in order to answer general enquiries accurately.
- Experience of working independently and where necessary able to seek advice and direction when appropriate and necessary.
- A flexible approach to duties and working arrangements.
- Smart and presentable at all times (due to the nature of this role the GDC dress down policy does not apply).
- Comfortable working between the hours of 8.00am-6.00pm on a shift basis eg 8.00am-4.00pm and 10.00am-6.00pm