AI - Associate Director - London (21693)
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is comprised of: Fitch Ratings, a global leader in credit ratings and research; Fitch Solutions, an industry-leading provider of credit risk products and services; and Fitch Learning, a preeminent training and professional development firm. With dual headquarters in London and New York, Fitch Group is owned by Hearst.
Fitch complies with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which it operates, and provides equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All applications will be considered without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, and other status protected by applicable laws.
Department & Role Overview:
Fitch Ratings' Model Development Team is looking for a machine learning modelling specialist at the Associate Director level to support its AI modelling initiatives. This subject matter expert will have professional experience successfully delivering AI and machine learning projects (or equivalent academic experience). They will bring knowledge and expertise to the team which will help to shape the development of AI and machine learning at Fitch. They will be part of the AI modelling team to conceive innovative AI ideas and convert them into valuable analytical applications across Fitch Ratings.
Main responsibilities include:
1) AI developments
- Research, select and acquire most appropriate dataset for the task
- Evaluate the soundness of the AI modelling methodology and data technique
- Ensure the prper use of underlying data and data technique
- Examine and interpret the AI mdel results and the statistical significance
- Produce high quality AI implementation, testing and documentation
2) AI research and innovation
- Generate practical AI ideas for rating applications
- Keep abreast of industry developments in AI, in particular as it relates to finance
- Contribute to Fitch's AI modelling best practice
- Assist with setup of Fitch's AI modelling infrastructure
- Provide guidance and training to junior members on AI modelling techniques
In this position, you will have the opportunity to team up with other talented modelling specialists to implement, test and document various AI models. Throughout these projects, you can gain valuable credit modelling experience, a good understanding of credit rating methodology as well as the overall model governance framework and the regulatory environment.
The AI modelling specialist will report to the Head of AI Modelling.
- Master Degree or higher in data science, statistics or other quantitative disciplines
- Solid statistical modelling experience in Python and/or R
- Solid experience in financial modelling using machine learning
- Knowledge of the major data science tools and frameworks (sklearn, tensorflow, spark, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to clearly convey technical concepts
- Ability to solve problems using critical, rational and creative thinking
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently
- Thorough attention to detail and strong work ethic
- Knowledge of Natural Language Processing a plus
- Previous exposure to credit rating analysis a plus
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment. If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.
For more information about this policy, please visit the code of ethics and conduct page -