Excellent opportunity available for a Test Engineer to join a highly reputable pipeline manufacturing company, on a permanent basis in Portsmouth. Our client has offices around the world and strives to deliver the world's most reliable risers, jumpers and downlines for subsea exploration and production.
The successful candidate will have the following roles and responsibilities including:
- Perform test engineering work packages as part of the company's internal or customer projects.
- Engineer short and long-term tests of pipe end-fitting and pipe body.
- Manage suppliers of test equipment and 3rd party test houses to enable the efficient execution of test activities both internally and externally.
- Participate in the development of testing methods (including instrumentation) to facilitate greater understanding of structural performance.
- Prepare test procedures, analyse test data and write test reports to clearly communicate the objectives, methods and results of test campaigns.
- Provide support to Business Development, by proposing appropriate testing methodologies to develop solutions for the Oil and Gas industry.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Educated to Degree level or PH.D in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Minimum 1-3 years experience in a similar role in the industry.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of test methodologies used with composite structures.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of instrumentation methods.
- Subsea engineering experience would be desirable.
- Data processing experience using Excel
- Good report writing skills.
- Proficient using SolidWorks or other CAD packages.
- Energy and enthusiasm for tackling challenging engineering issues.
- Good communication and organisational skills.
To apply for this position, candidates must be able to live and work in the UK without Visa restrictions.
For further information, please call Ashley Clarke on or email and quote 16014. Alternatively, you can apply directly by clicking the 'Apply' link and following the instructions.