Glasgow - Senior Business Development/Business Development Executive
Posted on May 7, 2019
Practice group: Business Services
Location: Glasgow The department
Our team of business services staff play a significant role in the success of Dentons, and we recruit staff into a wide variety of areas. Here, we look for focused, flexible individuals from a variety of backgrounds who are team players. Previous experience within the legal sector is not essential. We want to give everyone the opportunity to develop his or her potential fully and, therefore, provide support, training and encouragement to members of staff at all levels.
Purpose of role
The purpose of this role is to assist the Business Development Manager to implement the BD plans of the group in Scotland. This will involve gaining an understanding of the practice areas and industry sectors in which the group operates in order to assist with the lead generation and sales function of the team. The role will also involve working closely with other members of the Business Development and Marketing team to support various firm-wide initiatives.
- Work with the BD Manager on a new approach to the delivery of BD at Dentons in Scotland
- Support and assist the BD Manager to shape and remodel the marketing function in Scotland.
- Implementing business and marketing plans for the different groups they are accountable for and taking responsibility for the running of certain groups as appropriate.
- Assist in drafting and updating marketing materials, including web content and other collateral, to support various marketing campaigns and initiatives
- Support the Business Development Manager and the PR and Communications team to raise the profile of the practice via various communication channels
- Help the Business Development Manager to identify suitable events to raise the profile and generate leads for the practice, including external conferences and sponsorship opportunities
- Work closely with the Business Development Manager and the Events team to plan, execute and follow up on internal and external events
- Attend and engage with clients at events such as seminars, workshops and training, where appropriate
- Undertake market and client research, including keeping up to date with the relevant changes affecting the practice
- Work with the Business Development Manager to report monthly on the marketing spend against budget, analysing investment against return
- Assist the Business Development Manager to manage the sales pipeline, including coordinating and participating in pitches, contributing to the progression of new business opportunities and
- driving action around the preparation for and follow up to marketing activities with a view to closing new business
- Assist the Business Development Manager to capture and review content for pitches and other marketing materials
- Create and maintain experience lists for the practice
- Coordinate and draft legal directory submissions
- Coordinate maintenance of client information on our CRM system
- Actively get involved with sector and firm-wide projects as and when they arise
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good IT skills, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Previous experience in a professional services environment an advantage but not essential
- Marketing/sales experience a distinct advantage
- CIM or other relevant qualification an advantage
- Ability to work to short deadlines and in a non-directive environment
- Able to interact effectively at all levels and is a good team player
- A strong eye for detail
- A willingness to learn, be adaptable and comfortable with change
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to project professionalism and enthusiasm at all times
We are a truly global law firm and as such, always welcome hearing from those with foreign language capabilities. In light of our recent combination, Mandarin language fluency would be particularly advantageous given that China is now core to our strategy.
Dentons is always looking to invest in the highest-quality talent, recognising that our success is built on the diverse and unique strengths of each of the members of our Firm.
Dentons is the world's largest law firm, delivering quality and value to clients around the globe. Dentons is a leader on the Acritas Global Elite Brand Index, a BTI Client Service 30 Award winner and recognized by prominent business and legal publications for its innovations in client service, including founding Nextlaw Labs and the Nextlaw Global Referral Network. Dentons' polycentric approach and world-class talent challenge the status quo to advance client interests in the communities in which we live and work.
We welcome applications from candidates with disabilities and support those in the workplace who have a disability. Any disability disclosure will be dealt with confidentially and sensitively and if you want to speak directly to a member of our team, please contact
Dentons is the world's largest law firm, delivering quality and value to clients around the globe. Dentons is a leader on the Acritas Global Elite Brand Index, a BTI Client Service 30 Award winner and recognized by prominent business and legal publications for its innovations in client service, including founding Nextlaw Labs and the Nextlaw Referral Network. Dentons' polycentric approach and world-class talent challenge the status quo to advance client interests in the communities in which we live and work. .