Business Development Manager
With cabins by the sea, cosy cottages in the hills, manor houses in landscape parks, and even a lighthouse or two, we look to offer our guests not only a unique place to stay, but a holiday experience that they will treasure for a lifetime.
We have a unique opportunity for an experienced business development professional, who is creative, has high standards, and excellent people skills, to create a long-term, valuable holiday offer for our varied holiday portfolio across East Dorset. Within easy reach of, beautiful countryside, and un spoilt coastlines, this role not only provides you with stunning locations to work, but a distinctive opportunity to grow significant commercial revenue to help the Trust carry out its conservation work.
What you'll be doing
Reporting to Property Business Manager at Purbeck it will be your role to develop and grow the revenue streams for 19 existing Holiday cottages which accommodate 87 guests. You will support a 5 pitch caravan site on Kingston Lacy, and work with colleagues who operate a bunkhouse lodge which sleeps 24 and a 200 pitch campsite on Brownsea Island. Already achieving sales in excess of GBP700k per annum, there is plenty more scope for the successful individual to develop new product offers to increase business in the glamping, outdoors and holiday cottage areas, so the profit contribution can be reinvested in the great conservation work.
You will manage an established team of holiday operation assistants working in these locations and you will work with them to ensure they understand and deliver the highest quality of housekeeping and standards across the patch.
You will also need to be guest and product focused, ensuring the highest quality of customer care is achieved across your portfolio, you will want your guests to be delighted with their stay, and for them to have access to not only the places they wish to visit, but to the stories our unique holiday places hold.
Who we're looking for
We would love to hear from you if you can demonstrate the following:
- Experience in an operational, business development focussed role in a customer centric organisation
- Experience in leading and inspiring a field based team to an agreed set of results, contributing to their understanding and development
- You have experience understanding and delivering customer needs and delivering a culture of excellent customer service in the hospitality industry
- Ability to deliver results through successful cost control balanced with quality and to deadlines
- Experience and skills in managing operational budgets
- Experience of developing stakeholder and communications at all levels
- Excellent planning and organisation skills; demonstrate an ability to manage conflicting demands and use pragmatism as required
- Experience and knowledge of conservation principles
- A creative flair or passion for innovation