Engagement Manager (Members Staff)
Job Title: Engagement Manager (members Staff)
Salary: GBP37,510 per annum
Salary Band: B1
Contract Type: Fixed term for 1 year with possibility of extension
Number of Posts: 1
Type of Post: Concurrent
Hours: 36 hours
Closing date: 27 May 2019
The key objectives of the Engagement Manager role for the Restoration and Renewal Programme and the Northern Estate Programme are:
- To build and maintain relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, for this role it will be Members' staff, within the House of Commons and House of Lords administrations, acting as a primary point of contact into the programmes for a given stakeholder group and/or business area.
- To build and maintain relationships with the R&R and NEP design and delivery teams, provide advice and constructive challenge and act as the conduit for the development and agreement of briefs relating to the NEP and R&R programmes, both in decant and in end state.
In this capacity the post-holder will:
- With the design delivery teams, understand how Members' staff requirements will be understood and engaged upon.
- Work in partnership with external design teams to ensure they have access to the stakeholders required to do this
- Validate that design briefs developed by design teams are in line with stated stakeholder requirements and, where required, work with stakeholders to develop design briefs on specific specialist parts of the organisation.
The successful candidate will have the following skills/experience:
- Proven ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships with stakeholders.
- Experience of responding to stakeholders' needs diplomatically whilst managing expectations and of managing multiple / conflicting priorities.
- Proven ability to work with consultants and suppliers to ensure that tasks are clearly scoped and delivered to expectations of time, value-for-money and quality.
- Demonstrable understanding of the differing needs of a range of professional groups ability to appreciate and absorb expertise from a wide range of disciplines
- Annual leave starting at 30 days pro rata
- Civil Service Pension scheme
- Interest-free season ticket loan
- Discounted membership of the in-house gym
All applications must be submitted on a House of Commons application form
More information on the role and the full criteria can be found on the job description