School DT Technician
- Full Time
School DT Technician - Permanent position to start ASAP
Your new company
This high school is a mixed 11 to 18 community school maintained by the Cardiff local authority. It has around 1,000 pupils including over 100 in the sixth form. The head teacher has been in post for over 10 years & the senior leadership team consists of the head teacher, two deputy head teachers & the business manager. The school benefits from the strong leadership of the head teacher who is supported by an effective senior leadership team. There is a clear vision for the school that places standards, teaching and learning, and a curriculum that engages all learners at the centre of its work. The school has high expectations of all staff. Leaders at all levels have a secure understanding of the school's core aims, values and expectations and there is a strong sense of accountability underpinning them.
Your new role
As the school DT Technician, you will ensure the smooth running of the Design & Technology department:
- Prepare materials prior to lessons
- Ensure hand tools are kept in optimum condition and stored correctly
- Regularly maintain the equipment and tools in the workshop and classroom areas
- To assist Technology staff in developing appropriate resources for teaching and learning
- Stock-taking and ordering of materials, ingredients and equipment
- To provide support for the teacher during practical lessons
- To assist teaching staff in promoting and raising the profile of D&T within and outside School.
What you'll need to succeed
- Practical/hands-on experience with resistant materials (woodwork, metalwork etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of the safe use of tools/equipment found in a school technology workshop
- Experience working with children e.g. in a school or college.
- Ability to show initiative and to prioritise one's own work and that of others
- Ability to support pupils in the safe use of DT equipment
- Self-motivating with the ability to multi task
- Confident in the use of ICT
- Excellent organisational skills to manage the school DT resources
What you'll get in return
You will play a significant part in the learning and development of all pupils in DT lessons. The rate of pay is competitive and on-site parking is available for all staff.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.