ICT Infrastructure Specialist/IT Infrastructure Engineer-Server
Job Title: ICT Infrastructure Specialist (Servers) (3 Posts)
Salary: £32,552 - £37,475 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, Fixed Term for 18-months
Closing Date: 2nd June 2019
This important post will operate within the ICT Technical Services team delivering infrastructure and software support for IT systems.
Candidates should possess vision and commitment in achieving excellence in ITIL service provision and experience in the support, development and delivery of ICT infrastructure, related software services and Microsoft cloud. Service delivery will include working with other ICT colleagues, internal key customers and third parties alike.
The role will be required to proactively implement improvements and efficiencies to existing services. ICT systems are located at a number of sites, candidates will need to possess a valid UK driving license and may be required to travel and work at these locations as part of their duties.
Ideal Candidates will have an excellent working knowledge of the following:
- Microsoft Server operating systems (Physical and Virtual)
- Microsoft Active Directory services
- Microsoft Azure Cloud services Management
- Microsoft Exchange Hybrid
- Backup and Recovery concepts and processes
- Enterprise level Anti Virus software products McAfee (ePo, ENS and Mvision), Microsoft Defender
- Vmware ESXi and Vcenter server
- Patch Management (WSUS, Azure patch management using Azure automation)
For this role the successful candidates must undergo a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check. BPSS is the minimum standard to ensure the identity and integrity of an employee who has access to official information using secure networks linking central government and local authorities. A BPSS check involves four main elements; Identity Check, National and Immigration Status, Employment History (last 3 years) and Verification of Criminal Record (unspent convictions only).
The Council is a great place to work. Their workforce are proud to be there, understanding and respecting their values as an organisation whilst delivering effective and efficient services to their residents every day.
Their workforce strategy recognises that the success of their organisation depends upon attracting, developing and retaining talent and having the right infrastructure and rewards approach in place in order to do so.
If you are passionate about delivering high quality, customer focused service and want to achieve great things in a supportive environment that offers opportunity and challenge in equal measure, apply here to meet your employer of choice.
Walsall has much to offer, including extensive regeneration, having recently delivered a newly rebuilt hospital and college, development of the Walsall Waterfront offering new residential accommodation, hotels and leisure facilities and is seeing ongoing investment in its town centre and retail provision.
As an employer, they provide an attractive employment package that includes:
- A generous annual leave entitlement offering (for this role) a minimum 28 days leave per year plus 9 concessionary days and in addition to a flexible working scheme that allows up to a further 12 days leave per year
- Access to an award winning pension scheme
- Recent development of the working environment which has created a modern professional space in which to work with improved technology that allows agile working
- Promotion of training and development opportunities to all their employees to help them progress and gain new skills
- A genuine commitment to equality of opportunity for our staff and customers – we aim to employ a representative workforce that reflects the communities they serve
We advertise vacancies because we want the best talent available. If that's you, we're waiting for your application.
Please click on the APPLY button to complete your application at the Company’s careers page.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of: Cloud Infrastructure, Cloud Infrastructure Engineer, Infrastructure Engineer, Microsoft Support Engineer, Infrastructure Specialist, Infrastructure Support, Server Support Technician, 3rd line Infrastructure, 3rd Line Support Engineer, Network Support, Network Technician, Microsoft Engineer, Microsoft Consultant, Solutions Architect, Technical Support, 3rd Line Support, Support Technician, IT Support Engineer, 3rd Line Support Technician, Citrix, Microsoft Server, VMware may also be considered for this role.