ICT Infrastructure Specialist / IT Infrastructure Engineer
Job Title: ICT Infrastructure Specialist (2 Posts)
Salary: £32,552 - £37,475 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, Fixed Term for 18 months
Closing date: 2nd June 2019
This important post will operate within the ICT Technical Services team delivering infrastructure and software support for IT systems.
Candidates should possess vision and commitment in achieving excellence in ITIL service provision and experience in the support, development and delivery of ICT infrastructure, related software services and Microsoft cloud.
Service delivery will include working with other ICT colleagues, internal key customers and third parties. The role will be required to proactively implement improvements to existing services. Candidates will need to possess a valid UK driving license and may be required to travel and work at various locations as part of their duties.
Ideal candidates will have an excellent working knowledge of the following Microsoft products and technologies:
- Microsoft Windows 10 desktop build and management
- Application and patch deployment and management (SCCM, WSUS, App-V, RemoteApp)
- Office 365 migration and management
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure management (Quest vWorkspace, RES Workspace Manager)
- Microsoft Intune and mobile device management
- Powershell, batch and/or vb scripting skills
Knowledge of any of the following technologies is preferred but not essential:
- Anti Virus systems (e.g. Microsoft, McAfee)
- Office Print Management Systems (e.g. YSoft SafeQ)
- Microsoft desktop and server operating systems
- Active Directory (user and computer management using group policy)
- Wyse Thin Client device management
- Bitlocker encryption
- OS and application patching
- Blackberry BES
In addition to performing this key role for the Council, there will be opportunities to pursue continuing professional development.
For this role the successful candidate must undergo a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check. BPSS is the minimum standard to ensure the identity and integrity of an employee who has access to official information using secure networks linking central government and local authorities. A BPSS check involves four main elements; Identity Check, National and Immigration Status, Employment History (last 3 years) and Verification of Criminal Record (unspent convictions only).
What they can offer:
- A generous annual leave entitlement offering a minimum 28 days leave per year plus 9 concessionary days and in addition to a flexible working scheme that allows up to a further 12 days leave per year
- Access to an award winning pension scheme
- Recent development of the working environment which has created a modern professional space in which to work with improved technology that allows agile working
- Promotion of training and development opportunities to all employees to help them progress and gain new skills
- A genuine commitment to equality of opportunity for all staff and customers
Please click on the APPLY button to complete your application at the Company’s careers page.
Candidates with experience of: Infrastructure Engineer, 2nd Line Infrastructure Engineer, 3rd Line Infrastructure Engineer, 2nd Line Support Engineer, ICT Systems Engineer, IT Technician, 3rd Line Support, 2nd Line Support Technician, 3rd Line Support Engineer, 3rd Line Support, Support Technician, IT Support Engineer, IT Analyst, 3rd Line Support Technician, 3rd Line Helpdesk Engineer, Office Migration, Virtual Desktop Management, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Management, Infrastructure Technician, Technical Support, Technical Infrastructure Engineer, IT Support, IT Systems Engineer, IT Systems Technician, ICT Technician, IT Systems Support may also be considered for this role.