ICT Digital Application Specialist / Web Development Engineer
Job Title: ICT Digital Application Specialist (2 Posts)
Salary: £32,552 - £37,475 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, Fixed Term for 18-months
Closing date: 2nd June 2019
ICT Technical Services are responsible for the provision of ICT Service Desk, Infrastructure (Data Centre, Networking and Desktop), Applications Development and Support Services for the whole of the Council and partner organisations.
The successful candidate will be joining ICT at a time of growth as we work together to help move the council towards achieving its Digital Transformation agenda. This important post will operate within the Application Support and Development team.
Want to join a fast moving workplace where no two days are ever the same? At the council’s ICT team they support and develop a wide range of business applications, whilst pursuing an ambitious program of work to improve their digital capability.
As a Digital Application Specialist you will be working on developing and supporting the council’s current web presence and improving their digital service provision. The work will involve both updating the look and feel of the site and developing transactional services (such as payments) available online.
- .NET (C#, MVC)
- SQL Server (T-SQL)
- Responsive front end design (Bootstrap, CSS3, HTML5)
- API Integration (WEB API, WCF)
- Microsoft IIS deployment and administration
- Experience of a .NET based CMS
- Visual Studio 2015 or higher
- Team Foundation Server or another source control system
For this role the successful candidate must undergo a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check. BPSS is the minimum standard to ensure the identity and integrity of an employee who has access to official information using secure networks linking central government and local authorities. A BPSS check involves four main elements; Identity Check, National and Immigration Status, Employment History (last 3 years) and Verification of Criminal Record (unspent convictions only).
- A generous annual leave entitlement offering (for this role) a minimum 28 days leave per year plus 9 concessionary days and in addition to a flexible working scheme that allows up to a further 12 days leave per year
- Access to an award winning pension scheme
- Recent development of the working environment which has created a modern professional space in which to work with improved technology that allows agile working
- Promotion of training and development opportunities to all employees to help them progress and gain new skills
- A genuine commitment to equality of opportunity for staff and customers – the council aims to employ a representative workforce that reflects the communities served
Please click on the APPLY button to complete your application at the Company’s careers page.