ICT Applications Support and Development Officer - Council
Job Title: ICT Applications Support and Development Officer
Salary: £26,056 - £30,206 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, Fixed Term for 18-months
Closing date: 2nd June 2019
ICT Technical Services are responsible for the provision of ICT Service Desk, Infrastructure (Data Centre, Networking and Desktop), Applications Development and Support Services for the whole of the Council and partner organisations.
The successful candidate will be joining ICT at a time of growth as they work together to help move the council towards achieving its Digital Transformation agenda. This important post will operate within the Application Support and Development team.
The Successful Candidate
As an Applications Support and Development Officer you will provide application support for ICT applications used by the various business areas of the Council. You will be required to assist Senior Application Support and Development Specialists in any software development activities relating to the support of these Business Applications.
You will have some experience in a 1st or 2nd line support role and be familiar with some of the following development technologies:
- Visual Studio 2010 or higher
- .Net Framework
- Model View Controller
- Transact SQ
- MS Access
You will be able to work independently dealing with support calls and cooperatively with colleagues to resolve outstanding calls.
For this role the successful candidate must undergo a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check. BPSS is the minimum standard to ensure the identity and integrity of an employee who has access to official information using secure networks linking central government and local authorities. A BPSS check involves four main elements; Identity Check, National and Immigration Status, Employment History (last 3 years) and Verification of Criminal Record (unspent convictions only).
- A generous annual leave entitlement offering (for this role) a minimum 28 days leave per year plus 9 concessionary days and in addition to a flexible working scheme that allows up to a further 12 days leave per year
- Access to an award winning pension scheme
- Recent development of the working environment which has created a modern professional space in which to work with improved technology that allows agile working
- Promotion of training and development opportunities to all employees to help them progress and gain new skills
- A genuine commitment to equality of opportunity for staff and customers – the council aims to employ a representative workforce that reflects the communities they serve
Please click on the APPLY button to complete your application at the Company’s careers page.