ICT Applications Support and Development Officer (Geospatial)
Job Title: ICT Applications Support and Development Officer (Geospatial)
Salary: £26,056 - £30,206 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing date: 2nd June 2019
Do you have the desire and commitment to work in an ICT Development Team environment? If so, a permanent vacancy has arisen in the Applications Support and Development Team at The Council, for an Applications Support and Development Officer (Geospatial).
The Applications Support and Development Team provides support and development for a wide range of technology in place at Council.
To assist the Geospatial Support and Development Manager with the promotion, development, training and support of GIS within The Council. You will also assist in the maintenance and creation of linkages between GIS and other Council back office systems and help to provide a comprehensive GIS service to The Council.
As an Applications Support and Development Officer (GIS) you will provide application support for all corporate GIS applications used by the various business areas of The Council. You will be required to assist the Geospatial Support and Development Manager and Development Specialists in any software development activities relating to the support of the GIS suite of Applications.
You will have an interest in and understanding of geospatial concepts. You will be familiar with GIS data analysis, data processing, GIS administration, familiarity with Ordnance Survey mapping and digitising techniques. You will also have knowledge of specialised software packages, preferably MapInfo professional.
- To create spatial data and data linkages for the provision of geographic information authority wide
- To work with departmental GIS users to capture information for use within the GIS systems, whilst enforcing procedures for maintaining data
- To provide a comprehensive specialist training and support service for Council’s internal GIS end users
- To help create, deliver and build customer training manuals to cover different levels and specialist areas of GIS
- To assist the Geospatial support and Development Manager with the support and development of the corporate Web enabled GIS service to both internal users and members of the public
- To produce detailed plans and associated design work for specialist projects across Council
- To comply with all data quality procedures and standards and ensure data quality objectives are met
- Significant experience of development technologies (SQL, T SQL, XML, jQuery, MS Access, Excel, MapInfo Professional, MapBasic, QGIS, Power BI, Sharepoint, opensource - MapServer - GeoServer - MapProxy - OpenLayers - PostgresSQL/PostGIS)
- Able to design, tune and manage relational databases
- Proven ability to identify and resolve GIS and ICT problems and deliver projects to provide an effective ICT service
- Experience of working in an ICT or similar environment with an extensive knowledge of GIS systems (preferably MapInfo) and their associated suite of products in both development and support roles (substantial experience)
- Have attained or equivalent experience to GCSE Advanced Level standard
- Qualified by experience within a GIS support & development environment
- Microsoft Certified Professional Developer standard and ITIL Foundation Certificate desirable but training will be provided
- A full UK Driving licence is desirable
For this role the successful candidate must undergo a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check. BPSS is the minimum standard to ensure the identity and integrity of an employee who has access to official information using secure networks linking central government and local authorities. A BPSS check involves four main elements; Identity Check, National and Immigration Status, Employment History (last 3 years) and Verification of Criminal Record (unspent convictions only).
Please click on the APPLY button to complete your application at the Company’s careers page.
Candidates with experience of: GIS, Geospatial Applications Programmer, Geospatial Support Co-ordinator, Geospatial Analyst, 1st Line Technical Support Advisor, 1st Line Technical Support Analyst, 2nd Line Technical Support Advisor, 2nd Line Technical Support Analyst, IT Technician, IT Support Engineer, IT Service Engineer, IT Service Desk Technician, 1st Line Helpdesk Engineer, IT Support Technician, 1st Line Support Engineer, 2nd Line Support Engineer, Support Technician, IT Support Engineer, 1st Line Support Technician, 2nd Line Support Technician, Technical Support, IT Support, IT Systems Support, 1st Line Support, 2nd Line Support, IT Customer Support Advisor may also be considered for this role.