I am currently working with a leading charity organisation who are looking to recruit a People Advisor on a permanent basis.
The main accountabilities held within this role will include:
- Work with the ADP and Senior People Advisors - Marketing Directorate to identify the local actions to deliver the UK People Strategy and Plan ensuring these are appropriate whilst meeting the UK priorities
- Advise, support and coach managers to deal with a range of employee relations matters including disciplinary and grievance, managing performance and capability issues, absence management, Employment Tribunals and TUPE transfers
- Advise and support managers during change programmes (restructuring and redesign), exit and redundancy and redeployment programmes, project manage these where applicable. Assist managers in the consultation process with staff
- Collate the learning and development needs identified and agreed by managers and staff. Produce an L&D plan for senior managers to prioritise and approve ensuring this reflects organisational priorities and local needs
- Manage the L&D plan reporting progress to the ADP/Senior People Advisor and senior manager
- Advise, consult and assist with the identification of L&D interventions, guiding managers to the most appropriate solutions
- Coordinate evaluations from interventions to provide managers with information on the effectiveness of the investment and to gain understanding for future use
- Monitor compliance with policies and procedures coaching managers to understand the implications of their actions and explaining the extent to which discretion is available
- Maintain the local workforce plan - numbers, costs, skills, gaps and potential, providing managers with information to manage their teams, operate efficiently and plan for future needs through appropriate development.
- Assist Managers with the identification of vacancies, interviewing and administering testing as required.
- Work with the ADP and colleagues to continually improve the People service provided at a local level in accordance with needs of the users of that service.
- Maintain working relationships with Unison and other employee representatives.
- Support the delivery of a professional People service across the UK
If you are looking for a new contract and have the relevant skills and experience for the role, please submit your application ASAP.