SHEQ Manager (Safety, Health, Environment and Quality Manager)
The primary role of SHEQ Manager is to develop, implement and maintain Safety, Health, Environment, Quality and continuous improvement strategies throughout the business, ensuring the relevant compliance throughout.
- To support the Company in achieving its Safety, Health, Environment and Quality (SHEQ) objectives through the implementation of effective policies, procedures and systems, updating these where necessary
- Lead the development of continuous improvement through these systems and practices
- Providing Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality advice and support to directors, management and project management teams
- Keeping up to date with new legislation and maintaining a working knowledge of all SHEQ legislation and developments which may affect the Company
- Maintaining the Company's ISO accreditation and carry out internal audits according to certification requirements - ISO 9001,14001 and 45001
- Ensure we deliver products and services of the highest quality, reliability and consistency, meeting our customer expectations and keeping compliance with industry regulations
- Provide staff training and clear instruction on SHEQ practices
- Ensure the necessary SHEQ information is delivered to new employees during the induction process
- Investigate and evaluate any accidents or incidents within the work place, identifying the origin of the issue and taking the necessary steps to prevent a reoccurrence.
- Keeping training records up to date providing/arranging refresher/updated training where necessary
- Conducting occupational health and safety related surveys on a range of specialist areas, including but not limited to - fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise levels, safeguarding machinery, PPE etc.
- Carry out risk assessments Companywide (general, manual handling, COSHH, fire prevention etc.) and consider how risks could be reduced ensuring compliance with legislation
- Carry out regular site inspections to check that policies and procedures are being adhered and ensure working practices are safe and comply with legislation
- Ensure that all relevant documentation and records are completed correctly and filed accordingly
- Arrange First Aid and Fire Marshall cover and training.
- Ordering and distribution of PPE
- Management of emergency procedures (such as fire alarm drills).
- Responsibility for ensuring the maintenance of fire extinguishers, fire alarms etc.
- Overseeing CCTV security, monitoring, policy and procedure in accordance with current legislation
- The administering of first aid, if necessary
- Any other duties deemed within your capabilities
Experience / Skills Required
- Hold the NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety General
- Have a Tech IOSH membership as a minimum (Tech, Grad and Chartered Membership all considered)
- First Aid at Work Qualification
- At Least 3 years' practical experience working as safety, health, environmental and quality officer/manager in a busy production environment, cross industry experience would be beneficial.
- Previous experience and a strong knowledge of the ISO accreditations 9001, 14001, 45001 would be beneficial
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills.
- The ability to negotiate where necessary
Solopress is a rapidly growing e-commerce business where you can really add value and make a big impact in our fast-paced working environment.
Whether our customers are in need of uniquely designed business cards or eye-catching flyers, we offer a vast range of high-quality products at market-leading prices. As specialists in online printing, we are experts at what we do and we're looking for talented individuals who know their stuff too.