Mechanical Engineering Team Leader
Mechanical Engineering Team Leader
Location: West Midlands
Job Ref: AZ/44286
Salary: £50,000 to £60,000
Reports to: Engineering Manager
The successful candidate will be one of two team leaders responsible for managing a team of mechanical engineers to ensure that project deliverables are of the required quality and delivered to projects on time and within budget.
The role is in addition to the normal duties of a mechanical engineer within the Engineering Group. It is anticipated that the split between team leading and 'hands on' engineering will be approximately 50 / 50.
Experience of designing high speed, high value capital equipment for pharmaceutical, FMCG, food and drink or similar industries is beneficial but is not essential.
- Work with Project Managers and the Engineering Manager to ensure effective allocation of tasks.
- Ensure that the team's deliverables are of the required quality and delivered to projects on time and within budget
- Alongside Project Managers, manage the day to day flow of operations within the team
- Maintain high levels of motivation within the team and be responsible for the welfare of team members
- Develop team members through regular reviews, mentoring and identification of training needs
- Carry out annual performance reviews
- Manage the use of engineering tools and identify and implement process improvements as required
- Assist in the recruitment of permanent and contract personnel.
- Communicate the company's objectives, vision and values
- Ensure the team adheres to company policies and procedures
Qualifications: Experienced qualified Engineer with experience of team leadership or with the potential and motivation to develop into a high performing team lead.
Demonstrable experience of taking a lead role in multi-disciplinary engineering teams, including the specification, design, procurement, build, installation and commissioning of complex electro mechanical systems, ideally in high technology industries requiring:
- Excellent mechanical engineering skills ideally but not necessarily aligned with high speed materials handling and mechanism design
- Systems engineering experience, including complex mechanisms, control systems and software
- Excellent analytical skills combined with proven experience of providing innovative engineering solutions
- Taking designs from initial concept through to established manufactured products
- Leading small teams of technical personnel
Ideally will have 5+ years of experience working for other special purpose machine manufacturers in the packaging sector or food, drink, medical device, pharmaceutical and tobacco sectors, or similar sectors.
Key Job Skills
- Excellent people skills; motivated by a desire to help develop and sustain a high performing team
- Able to provide technical leadership and manage a team both in the delivery of projects and in the implementation and continuous improvement of engineering processes
- Highly numerate with strong analytical skills
- Excellent problem solving and fault finding skills
- Extensive experience of designing and commissioning complex automated systems
- Good oral and written communication skills
- 3D CAD (Inventor preferred)
- Previous experience of team leadership / line management
- Good IT skills
- Customer facing skills
- MS project
- Experience of machine installations, commissioning and troubleshooting
- Working knowledge of machine safety and H+S in the workplace
- A mature personality who is able to gain immediate credibility inside and outside the company
- Able to conceptualise ideas into solutions
- Self-disciplined and a good organiser
- Highly numerate and a very good communicator both verbally and in writing
- Enthusiastic, energetic hardworking and determined to succeed
- Very flexible in outlook, keen to learn and open to new ideas
- Flexible and possessing a sense of humour
- Commercial in outlook
For EU roles, candidates must be eligible to work and live in the European Union.
Proof of eligibility will be required with your application.
Office Locations: Stratford-upon-Avon, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Cape Town, Dubai, D??sseldorf, Istanbul, Lyon, G??teborg, Milan, Mumbai, Shanghai, Singapore, Sydney and Washington.
PLASTICS - PETROCHEMICALS - PACKAGING - CHEMICALS - ENERGY - ENVIRONMENT
Listgrove Limited Registered in England No: (phone number removed)
Exhibiting at: Kunststoffen, Fakuma, ScanPack, Chemplast Expo, Packaging Innovations, ArabPlast