Project Officer / Project Manager - Organisational Development
Job Title: Project Officer
Salary: £25,064 - £26,890 per annum
Job Type: Fixed Term - Due to finite funding for 2 years from start date
Hours: Full Time, up to 37 hours per week
Closing date: 9th June 2019
To contribute to the successful delivery of the Council’s Channel Shift programme, by undertaking research, analysis and interpreting data, presenting reports and information and assisting in the coordination and delivery of service specific projects including taking responsibility for part or a whole project.
- Undertake research, and analysis, interpret and present data and information on a range of services and subjects.
- Undertake consultation with internal and external stakeholders including members of the public/service users.
- Assist in the coordination and delivery of service specific projects within the overall programme, this may include taking responsibility for part or of a whole project.
- Under the direction of senior management prepare drafts of strategies, management plans, and business plans required for individual projects, promote and monitor these, including the production of progress reports/annual reports where appropriate
- Contribute to the development and management of the innovation and transformation risk register
- Gather evidence of the transformation delivered by the projects and contribute to an assessment of the sustainability of outcomes
- Contribute to the evaluation of the effectiveness of individual projects and the programme as a whole, researching key policy and performance issues and preparing and presenting appropriate briefings and reports.
- Identify opportunities for greater collaboration and enhanced partnership working stimulated by the innovation and transformation programme
Equality and Diversity
- Actively support the Council’s Equality and Diversity policy.
Health and Safety
- Ensure own compliance with the Council’s Health & Safety policy/procedures and that of any resources you have responsibility for.
- Identify opportunities and risks associated with the service and escalate/report to management.
- Comply with the Council’s policies on information security including the ICT Security Policy, Internet and Email Policy and Safe Haven Guidance.
- Considerable proven research, analytical and presentation skills to contribute towards the diagnosis of problems and issues and the identification of solutions and recommendations
- Ability to work autonomously to meet service standards, targets and deadlines
- Considerable practical experience of project management
- Preparation reports for various audiences
- In depth knowledge of techniques used for research, data collection, ensuring data quality and managing large data sets
- Confident, advanced IT skills in a range of software packages to store, manipulate and present data
- Commitment to service improvement and understanding of impact of role on organisational effectiveness
- Proven ability to negotiate, persuade, build and maintain effective internal and external working relationships at all levels to effect change.
- Appreciation of the political sensitivities and impact on area of work
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Understanding of the role and its relationships with other local authorities and stakeholders
- 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at Grade C or higher inc. Maths and English
- Project Management qualification or equivalent
As part of the recruitment process, candidates will be expected to undertake an assessment /skills test to determine their suitability for the position.
Please click on the APPLY button to complete your application at the Company’s careers page.
Candidates with experience of; Project Officer, Organisational Development, Policy Division, Project Officer, Policy Officer, Project Coordinator, Project Manager Project Planner, Project Coordinator, Project Management, Public Sector Project Management, Programme Manager, Programme Management, Budget Controller, Asset Management, Business Process Project Manager, Commercial Project Manager, Project Manager will also be considered for this role.