Associate Solutions Architect
Cambridge University Press has an exciting opportunity available for an Associate Solutions Architect to join our Technology team based in Cambridge. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return, we are offering a competitive salary of £27,047 - £33,000 per annum plus benefits.
We are the oldest and one of the most prestigious publishers in the World. We have over 2,500 talented employees across 50 international offices uniting all our publishing groups, all motivated by unlocking people’s potential with the best learning and research solutions.
We will offer a fantastic benefits package:
- Personal pension contributions
- 35hr working week
- Free life assurance
- Inclusive and flexible working environment
- 28 days annual holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Free on-site gym
- Sports teams (football, cricket, tennis + more)
- Social area / bar
- Subsidized canteen
- and many more.
About the role:
We are looking for either a graduate or junior to join us as our Associate Solutions Architect, you will join our dynamic Technology team that’s responsible for the technical design, implementation, delivery and support of eLearning solutions for English Language Learners and Teachers around the world.
The traditional world of Print Publishing is evolving, and technology is having a real impact on the way that people learn. With the dawn of Artificial Intelligence, Augmented/Virtual Reality and Speech Recognition technology - how will the classroom or home learning experience change in the next 3, 5 or 10 years?
Our current focus is on a range of exciting new strategic initiatives spanning product proposition, marketing, and new sales models. Our team contributes by designing innovative technology solutions and experiences for our customers. These include the development of online learning and teaching experiences, marketing portals, ecommerce solutions and more.
Key duties and responsibilities of our Associate Solutions Architect:
- Be part of a highly collaborative and supportive Solutions team of technologists, architects and business analysts
- Support a cross functional agile team working closely with product owners, scrum masters, UI/UX, developers and QA
- Be responsible for the technical analysis of business requirements on the backlog ensuring the technical design addresses the needs in the most effective way
- The solution design may include evolving existing platforms, integrating with central business systems or researching and commissioning suitable new technologies and partners
Skills and experience required to become our Associate Solutions Architect:
- Technologist at heart, but everything you do is about creating the best possible customer experience
- Understanding of how APIs and systems can be integrated to create new and improved experiences
- Great communicator, whether talking with non-technical customers or detail-oriented developers
- Motivated by seeing the work you’ve done in the wild, and by the delight of the customer
- Experience of working with different technology solutions, APIs and tools, and maintain current knowledge of toolsets, standards and frameworks
- Enjoy working with a team of technologists, bringing ideas to life on time and to budget
- Highly motivated self-starter who can work independently as well as knowledge share to support the growth of expertise within the team
Closing Date: Friday 31st May
We are looking at holding interviews ASAP.
If you are enthusiastic about technology, and want to help us develop better learning solutions for teachers and learners around the world, why not click ‘apply’ today? Don’t miss out on this opportunity to join an organisation that plays a leading role in today’s global market place as our Associate Solutions Architect.