Cambridge University Press has an exciting opportunity available for a Technology Solutions Architect/Business Analyst to join our Technology team based in Cambridge. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return, we are offering a competitive salary of £39,730 - £47,675 per annum plus benefits.
We have over 2,500 talented employees across 50 international offices uniting all our publishing groups. We’re one of the world’s most respected publisher, driven by the purpose of unlocking people’s potential with the best learning and research solutions.
We will offer a fantastic benefits package:
- Dynamic work environment that empowers you to be your best
- Group personal pension
- Free life assurance
- Inclusive and flexible working environment
- 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- On-site fitness facilities
- Easily accessible with a 10 minutes walk from the train station
About the role:
As our Technology Solutions Architect/Business Analyst, you will join our dynamic Technology team that’s responsible for the technical design, implementation, delivery and support of eLearning solutions for English Language Learners and Teachers around the world.
The traditional world of Print Publishing is evolving, and technology is having a real impact on the way that people learn. With the dawn of Artificial Intelligence, Augmented/Virtual Reality and Speech Recognition technology - how will the classroom or home learning experience change in the next 3, 5 or 10 years?
Our current focus is on a range of exciting new strategic initiatives spanning product proposition, marketing, and new sales models. Our team contributes by designing innovative technology solutions and experiences for our customers. These include the development of online learning and teaching experiences, marketing portals, ecommerce solutions and more.
Key duties and responsibilities of our Technology Solutions Architect/Business Analyst:
- Be part of a highly collaborative and supportive Solutions team of technologists, architects and business analysts
- Support a cross functional agile team working closely with product owners, scrum masters, UI/UX, developers and QA
- Be responsible for the technical analysis of business requirements on the backlog ensuring the technical design addresses the needs in the most effective way
- The solution design may include evolving existing platforms, integrating with central business systems or researching and commissioning suitable new technologies and partners
Skills and experience required to become our Technology Solutions Architect/Business Analyst:
- Experience of working with different technology solutions, APIs and tools
- Able to maintain current knowledge of toolsets, standards and frameworks
- Background in a technical role, business analysis, development, solution architecture, technical product ownership or related, junior or senior
- Experienced in full life-cycle of development of technology solutions, ideally in an agile environment
- Great interpersonal and communication skills and can translate business needs into technology options and make technology concepts accessible to business colleagues
- Highly motivated self-starter and can work independently as well as knowledge share to support the growth of expertise within the team
- Pragmatic problem solver and creative thinker who enjoys complexities and challenges
Closing Date: Friday 31st May
If you are enthusiastic about technology, and want to help us develop better learning solutions for teachers and learners around the world, why not click ‘apply’ today? Don’t miss out on this opportunity to join an organisation that plays a leading role in today’s global market place as our Technology Solutions Architect/Business Analyst.