Field Service Engineer / Motor Technician / Vehicle Mechanic
Job Title: Field Service Engineer
Salary: Competitive, Dependent on Experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Working here is more than just a job. It's an adventure …
Founded in London in 1922 the company has been at the forefront of vehicle servicing & maintenance ever since.
The company are a business that is full of great people. People who share a passion for what they do, for what they are, and for what they can become.
They are always looking for good people to join. People who genuinely care about their job their colleagues and their customers; people who would be proud to be part of the next chapter of their story.
So if you know your stuff, have a great technical skill-set, are smart, flexible, and "can-do" …. then maybe this is the place for you.
Only the adventurous need apply.
Field Service Engineer sought to carry out installation, service and repair of a range of garage equipment, within a defined geographical area (work not restricted solely to this area - travel to other areas of the UK and overnight stays may be required depending on the needs of the business). The nature of the work involves a fluctuating workload and a flexible approach to start and finish times of the working day and week is required.
- To liaise with field sales staff to maximise sales opportunities within the area and advise any relevant local knowledge
- Ensure adherence to health and safety policies, company procedures, and ensure that work practices comply with the GEA code of conduct
- On time submission of paperwork/REA (remote engineer access) reports to head office
- Participation in training as required including technical product training, UKAS lab accreditation, Health and Safety, paperwork/REA completion and engineer code of conduct.
- Contribute ideas and suggestions to improve service performance with regard to van stock holdings and working practices
- Escalate technical queries to line manager
- Adhere to and comply with company policies and procedures
- Take responsible care for all company property including vehicle
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to deal with customers and colleagues in a professional manner
- Build and maintain customer relations
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all times
- Can-do logical approach demonstrated
- Valid driving licence
- Relevant technical background
- Technical competence across a range of garage equipment
- Flexible approach to changing workloads
- Efficient and productive use of available working hours
- Monday - Friday 40hrs per week on a swings and roundabouts basis
- Death in Service Benefit (after a qualifying period)
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Field Service Engineer, Service Engineer, Garage Equipment technician, Motor Technician, Vehicle mechanic, technician, engineers, motor engineer, car service, Field Service Technician, Service Technician, Garage Engineering Technician, Field Maintenance Engineer, Field Maintenance Technician, Mechanical Engineer, Mechanical Technician, Electrical Engineer, Electrical Technician, Repair Engineer, Repair Technician, Commercial Engineer will also be considered for this role.
Apply for Field Service Engineer / Motor Technician / Vehicle Mechanic
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly