Digital Publisher - SEO Growth
You'll be supporting our newly launched Live sites to ensure they are making the right keyword choices, creating the content our search audiences demand and exploring opportunities to find new search-based audiences. How can a given story feature prominently within Google News? You'll know how to get it there.
We are Reach because it's what we do.
Every day our newsbrands - national and regional, in print and online - reach millions of people up and down the country. We are the UK's largest news publisher, with influential national newsbrands such as the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, OK! & New! Magazines and more than 100 distinguished regional titles.
Our brands have a long heritage of being trusted sources of news and information, with our editorial conviction and high standards of journalism providing audiences with timely information and opinion across multiple platforms.
Last year we sold 620 million newspapers, with 5 million readers of one of our brands each month. Our network of over 70 websites provide 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, with 8 billion page views per year.
We average 21 million mobile visitors - that's 60% of the entire mobile market. Each month we attract over 32 million unique visitors. That's more than our competitors. You will help us further increase our digital audience into 2019.
- Writing search-based content for our network of Live sites
- Harnessing the power of evergreen content to ensure our Live sites are the turn-to place within their locations and answering the questions which help our audiences to live their lives
- Ensuring our Live sites are ranking for key terms and events as idenfitied by the SEO Manager for Reach Regionals
- Also helping the Digital Publishing Editors to support our Live sites evening and weekend content and coverage hours
The Ideal Candidate
- A journalistic qualification or relevant time-served experience in a related discipline
- Able to demonstrate excellent decision-making skills in high pressure environments
- Able to work evenings and weekends, a requirement of the role
- Able to demonstrate the use of analytics in content choices
- Strong social media monitoring and story sourcing skills
- Experience of content management
- Understanding of editorial strategy and brand values
- Excellent digital publishing skills
- An understanding of social media both in terms of finding content and sharing it
- An understanding of how to use analytics to inform content commissioning and production - or a willingness to learn
- First-class organisational skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- A positive, can-do attitude
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Ability to work quickly and effectively under deadline pressure
- Good judgement
- Energy, drive, determination and self-motivation
- Flexible approach to shifts
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to take instruction as well as manage own workload efficiently
- Up-to-date knowledge of media law and IPSO code
This role requires evening/late working and working weekends on a shift-based pattern.
In addition to competitive salaries, 25 days holiday, bonus structures (if applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc have a wealth of flexible benefits on offer. These include holiday purchase up to ten days per year, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, a technology scheme in conjunction with Curry's PC World, car scheme, health cash plan, employee loans and lots of high street discounts! Our business is fully committed to health and wellbeing in the workplace with an employee assistance programme and trained mental health first aiders across the business.
Reach plc believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.
On submitting your application you should receive a confirmation email - if you do not please contact us at