Inspection Supervisor /Chief Quality Inspector /Quality Auditor
Job Title: Inspection Department Team Leader
Location: North Shields, Tyne & Wear
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company is currently recruiting for an experienced Inspection Team Leader. This is a fulltime permanent position with plenty of overtime available.
Along with great rates of pay and the security of a PLC backing the positions also benefit from a group pension scheme, a PLC share save scheme and opportunities for training. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a forward-thinking company who are continuously looking at business improvements through technology and tooling investment.
Manage all daily aspects of a busy sub contract inspection department. To lead a team of both dayshift & nightshift inspectors, whilst also taking an active role in the day to day inspection of components. Implement standard operating procedures that support the continuous improvement initiatives currently being rolled out throughout the business.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide Technical Support to the Inspection Team
- Organise 'work to' lists for the department
- Ensure the department works efficiently, ensuring customer deadlines are met
- Inspect components using CMM's
- Control the calibration records for all company measuring equipment
- Carry out internal audits of company measuring equipment
- Manage the Service Schedule for the CMM's
- Knowledge of CMM programming using 3D Models
- Previous Experience of Lean Manufacturing, 5s & Continuous Improvement also an advantage
- To work in a safe and efficient manner at all times, adhering to policies and procedures relating to Health and Safety
- When required, support other areas of the business when and where the need arises as directed by senior managers
- Extensive experience in an Inspection role within a sub contract manufacturing business
- Hands on experience of both programming & operating CMM's is essential
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and non-verbal
- Previous experience of leading a team within an inspection department
- Friendly and professional attitude when dealing with colleagues, customers and suppliers
- Computer literate, with the ability to use all aspects of MS Office
- The ability to adapt to change and meet deadlines, whilst remaining calm under pressure
- Self-motivated and able to motivate members of their team
- Willing to undertake any training relevant to the role
The successful applicant will have experience inspecting precision engineered components manufactured to tight tolerances.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of: Continuous Improvement Manager, Quality Manager, Quality Improvement Manager, Quality Assurance Manager, Quality Assurance, Manufacturing Quality Manager, Operational Improvement Manager, Quality Improvement, Quality Assurance Lead, Quality Auditor, Internal Auditor, Auditor, Internal Audit, Corporate Auditor, Company Auditor, Compliance Auditor, Compliance, Operations Auditor will also be considered for this role.
Apply for Inspection Supervisor /Chief Quality Inspector /Quality Auditor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly