Product Development Engineer
This is an opportunity to join Skinflint, a unique and innovative company at an exciting stage of growth.
As the company continues its planned period of expansion a new role is to be created within the expanding Product Development and Refurbishment department.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, organised, ordered and have the ability to perform hands on physical tasks, which require a meticulous attention to detail. They will be able to work under their own initiative as well as being able to operate as part of a small team, therefore interpersonal skills are essential.
Candidates will also need to be enthusiastic learners, retaining the confidence and desire to develop their own learning and the approach and ethos of the business as a whole.
As part of the induction to the company the successful candidate will be required to undertake an extensive journey of learning through all areas of the business in order to fully understand the niche position of the company, the diverse range of lighting products it retails and the team it works with.
The company prides itself on its level of customer service and unique nature of the items it retails and the successful candidate will reflect all of these qualities.
Responsibilities & duties
- To be directly involved with the daily operations of the workshop including the dismantling, cleaning, assembly and movement of the sometimes heavy or delicate refurbished products through the production process.
- To undertake the picking, preparation, packing and labelling of products for dispatch.
- To assist with the delivery of any component orders and undertake their associated storage to the relevant location.
- To assist with the fortnightly production and packaging of Installation kits and component stock check
- To assist with the fortnightly painting and decoration of the companies photography sets and associated preparatory tasks ahead of product photo-shoots.
- To assist with the construction, installation and breakdown of exhibition stands.
Essential and desirable qualifications & skills
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Basic computer literacy (Word, XL, email, web etc)
- Excellent team player
- Competent and confident driver & Valid UK License (due to the regular travel requirement of the role – transporting products)
- Good time management
- Organised and ordered approach to work
- Confident communicator
- Able to work independently
- Experience with CAD, Photoshop and Social Media
- Employment background within Design environment
- Background in lighting
- Basic electrical knowledge
- Degree level education
At skinflint, we don’t make lights; we salvage them.
Skinflint is the UK’s leading vintage industrial lighting supplier. We scour locations across the world to source and restore unique and historic vintage lights; manufactured in the era from 1920 to 1970, and originally utilised in a wide variety of industrial environments.
An abandoned glassworks outside Budapest. Shipbreakers’ yards in India. The old Dunlop aerospace factory in Coventry. Every light we handle has a history – and a future, too.
Other Application Details
The role may require working away from Cornwall within other parts of the UK as and when required.
Applications must be submitted via the Unlocking Potential Jobs Website